got pics of my enclosure progress...opinions?

not sure how he did it exactly.

Didn't use a router for that. They have these attachments you can buy that go into your drill, has a handle on it so you drill through then just start to turn the handle... thats why their is a hole in the center. They are really made to cut circles out for cooling fans ext. but like your builder you can get pretty creative with them too.

Too many options to wrap it in.
yes lol, im looking at the material pics right now. idk. i think it will not look right with carpet and a vinyl front. probably just do it all in the grey carpet.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Didn't use a router for that. They have these attachments you can buy that go into your drill, has a handle on it so you drill through then just start to turn the handle... thats why their is a hole in the center. They are really made to cut circles out for cooling fans ext. but like your builder you can get pretty creative with them too.
Huh? That hole in the center is the center point for a jig that was used to cut out the design with a router. The segmented ring around the logo is a dead give away to atest to this method. Notice the rounded ends to the segments. Looks like he used a 1/2" bit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

poast moar pics plz?
as soon as i get more. he tried doing the box in all grey carpet and he said the inlay didnt show up well so he is going to see what he can come up with by using other materials. he is in the process of moving his shop also so he is busy. im hoping it gets done this week so i can get it soon.

ok now that the face has felt i need to choose the carpet color, light grey or darker grey. im thinking about the darker grey but im not posative.

darker

PICT1423.jpg

lighter

PICT1424.jpg

the darker will match the trunk carpet better too i think.

civic3.jpg

yes he did

Huh? That hole in the center is the center point for a jig that was used to cut out the design with a router. The segmented ring around the logo is a dead give away to atest to this method. Notice the rounded ends to the segments. Looks like he used a 1/2" bit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
man speaks troof.....look at the pic again for proof. That jig is too small to make the sub cutouts

PICT1392.jpg

That is a very nice box. Post vids when everything is installed.
will do. going to be a bit before i can get it all installed got a few things yet to get and i over spent a bit on buying stuff lol. hopefully it happens soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

oldschool4me

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
oldschool4me
ep, ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date