Got new HU, but now my amp won't work.

DaytonLax14
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ohio
i sold my 9886 and got a $130 pioneer Hu because i needed the cash. I installed the new hu today, but i'm not getting anything from my amp now. Everything seems connected and everything (ground, power, RCAs, remote, etc) Any help?

Does the power light come on on the amp when you turn the HU on?

If its a sub amp maybe theres a spot in the menu that needs to be set for the sub output to be active?

Just guessing, I dont know your HU's capabilities.

Does the power light come on on the amp when you turn the HU on?
If its a sub amp maybe theres a spot in the menu that needs to be set for the sub output to be active?

Just guessing, I dont know your HU's capabilities.
nope, nothing on the amp turns on.

Might be the blue and blue/white stripe wires mixed.
wait what? I connected my remote wire to the blue w/white stripe wire from the back of my HU.

I did the same thing with my old HU, and the amp worked.

does it turn on when you turn the fm radio on? if it does (try before you answer), then turdferg was right. you have the remote connected to the ppower antenna:D

Usually power antennae is a constant anyway. Atleast it was for my HU. cuz when you have a power antennae it doesn't go down until you shut off the car doesn't matter if you switch the source or not.

did you check it out? any luck, where in ohio are you?
yeah i'll go check it in a bit

Usually power antennae is a constant anyway. Atleast it was for my HU. cuz when you have a power antennae it doesn't go down until you shut off the car doesn't matter if you switch the source or not.
Is this true? It's late and i dont want to go out there for nothing lol

the power ant. only goes up when the RADIO (am/fm) is on, if you turn the source to fm, and you get sound, thats your problem. its happpened to me before //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif luckily i pushed the source button and the power came on w/ the radio

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DaytonLax14

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
DaytonLax14
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date