Got My Subs Jacked...Terrible Day

BigFatCox

H-Town
So...for the last month I've been wanting to fix up the system in my car...most of my stuff had water damage so I was re-doing it with the help of Misfit128 and some other guys on here.

Finally I bought my alpine mrp1000 from online and since I dont know jack **** about installation and would do more harm than good doing it myself, I took it to best buy.

Mind you like 4 days before this I had removed the sub enclosure (custom ported box and 2 audiobahn twelves..not impressive to alot of you but that **** sounded so good in my truck) for a little bit to snap some pictures and look at the wiring intakes in the back. So I KNOW i had them in there.

So I take it to best buy and am standing with the guy as hes fixing some wires and removing bad wires and installing my new amp. He's like, "hey, where are you subs?"

I drive a chevy avalanche so I pull the seat apart and pull the back seat pannel down and...NOTHING.

I was just ****ing BAFFLED. I had no idea how the **** they were gone.

There was literally NO evidence of a break in. Windows are fine, no scratches on the door frames or keyholes, and I ALWAYS lock my truck and turn on my alarm (granted its a shitty factory one).

I have 5% on the back two and 12% on the front two windows, NOT TO MENTION that you cant ****ing see the subs at all in the back because its literally in the locked and covered bed of my pickup, behind the seat panel.

After hours of pondering it, my guess is that it happened last saturday when I went to Buffalo Wild Wings with my buddies to watch the UFC fight. I had to park wayyy in the back and it was dark...the thieves had to have known they had ample time.

What I wanna know is...how the **** did they get in there and leave no evidence? I'm sure there's ways, I'm just curious how you would do something like that. They even neatly folded up my seats for me so I wouldnt notice anything wrong right away.

I remember noticing that my rear headrest on that side was pushed up pretty far the next day, but I thought nothing of it. I guess i brushed it off as one of my friends i was driving around. That was the only thing that was evidence of someone going back there.

They stole NOTHING else (even had an older amp laying in the back seat as well, they left it). Oakleys were still in the center console, head unit was stilll in place...I guess they looked through my front windows and saw that I had an aftermarket head unit and thought lets get us some free subs?

another guess was that best buy did it, i had gone in the day before but they were full. He told me to go in, make an appointment, and then the appointment guy had me pay ahead of time since i made the appointment. They had plenty of time, and there was a white truck sitting outside already running when i went in, and when i left it was gone.

Sounds like the most logical thing but i mean i ****ing locked and alarmed my ****.

Should I go in there and say something? I dont think i can really do much but if i could i'd try. I'd hate to bow up on the little ******* if he didnt do it, you know? I hate wrongfully accusing people.

What's your take on it? And what could I do to prevent it? I know if i ever get subs again (im ****ing BROKE now after the amp and installation fee), i'm bolting that ****ing enclosure to my bed. I'm also looking into better alarms...**** anyone ever gone through this?

FML..im a broke ass college student I cant afford **** like this to happen to me lol..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

I'm just so ****in bummed, i feel so violated. I just waited so long to finally get this amp in, and RIGHT when I'm about to go have a working system again someone takes my ****.

best buy installer had his buddy steal ur subs fyi.
haha, i thought that too..

I came in the day before but they couldnt fit me in. I stayed parked out in the back and walked inside to make an appointment and there would have been time for it.

but i mean when i went inside after i was parked, i had my truck locked and everything, and alarm on. Came back out and it was still locked. I'm just ****in baffled lol

inside job. Genious probably went ahead and disconnected your alarm for you whille he was in there, so his friend went ahead and slim jimmed your door open and got your stuff. Totally made that up but it could be possible lol. Btw you have terrible theives in your town, Didn't even pull the headunit, they must have been retarded.

**** theft storys make me scurrrred. Bet it had something to do with best buy guys. I'm kinda wonding about my system now. I took it to get tinted and they installer was REALLY into my system. I talked to him a lot too.

I work at Best Buy. I PERSONALLY know of installers that have done wrong things. the worst ive seen is telling a customer an amp is bad, knowing that it is a blown fuse. I feel like crap for not reporting them to this day.

So from me, unofficially, i could completely see a CROOKED best buy installer doing that. the sad thing is, the other 99% could get a bad rep from crap like this.

If it was best buy, it will happen again until they get caught

WOW

I see your from Houston also,

No joke, I was at the BWW on Kirby, watching the UFC fight, this last weekend. Well, when the fight was over, I came out to the parking lot to my car. Randomly 3 black dudes start fleeing from the back of the lot ( where it's dark ). As I get closer I hear them telling the other guy " come on fool let's go ! ", when it looks like they all ran away, we hear a loud smash of somebody's window being broken. Then the other guy proceeds to flee from the parking lot, looked like he had a shirt wrapped around his hand. But, I guess the ppl starting to come out startled them, an they didn't get away with anything but, the dude felt the need to smash the window before he ran. LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

BigFatCox

BigFatCox
H-Town
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
killa101