Got My New Sub (SPG-555) :)

thats actually vey awesome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yes i didnt even know they did that. i thought op was talking out his ass. very cool design ima look into it more

Meaning he said that there was a 2ohm vc in the sub and he said hed give me the 4ohm vc for it in case i wanted to switch. but i checked last night and theres a 2ohm vc in the sub and he gave me an extra 2ohm. so basically i have an extra 2 ohm voice coil in case the 1 in it fries.
I got you now.

Boston really has some of the neatest stuff out there I called about getting one of their big 2 channel amps, and the customer service was great to.

yeah i have an extra 2ohm coil for my sub just incase.

on some notes on bass songs my sub is making a tapping noise even with the subsonic filter at 30hz. i might have to try rescrewing in the vc or taking it back to the shop

Does it slam though? I only have 500 rms to it right now so its not really that loud. How will it sound with 1000rms or 1200rms to it?
and when i played a bass test song when it hit a certain note it sounded like it was clicking idk it was weird. it couldnt of been possibly bottoming out with 500w but it sounded like when u watch a video of someone playing a rly low note u know that clicking sound?

I'm sensing potential disappointment in the force...

I hope you are not expecting massively substantial differences in output when going to a 1kw amp. If "not really that loud" equates to 'I want it much louder than this' then I think you will come up short...

I'm sensing potential disappointment in the force...

I hope you are not expecting massively substantial differences in output when going to a 1kw amp. If "not really that loud" equates to 'I want it much louder than this' then I think you will come up short...
well the guy that works there has this sub with 1200w going to it and i was impressed so...

It probably already does. Your concern was that they were not loud enough.
by sound similar i meant spl and sq both. i know my subs facing up in my truck are louder than they were in my car so esp with 1 sub i think it will still be loud in my truck because it's not like 1 sub needs a ton of breathing room but i guess bass is a bit louder from a little distance right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sml238

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
sml238
Southwick, MA//Providence, RI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date