Got my new setup all hooked up

sjedwards84
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
****!!.. i got one 12" Kicker l7.. a 3cu ft box tuned to 32 hz and a zx750.1 amp

It gets really loud.. actually suprised me.. because ive always two 12s and i got talked into getting only One L7 and it will sound Louder than anything ive ever had.. those people were right...

Ive had two 12" Kicker CVRs and a 1000 watt amp

Ive had two 12" JL Audio w3s with the same 1000watt amp

and recently ive had two 12" Diamond d1s with a 600watt amp

and this one 12" l7 gets louder than all of my previous set ups

my windows flex and my trunk lid shakes extremely

i hate to see it when i upgrade to another one and a 1500 watt amp in several months.. Ill be suprised if my car doesnt fall apart

thanks for all the advice getting my new setup

now all i need to do is search to learn how to set my gains.. ive always had shops do it for me..

if i put my headunit on 20 (which is half way) it pounds.. but if i turn it up to 27 to hear my highs and mids then it seems like the bass decreases as i turn it up

any advice?

DSC04192.JPG

DSC04191.JPG

DSC04193.JPG

oh and this was my first attempt and making a box.. i had a little help from my friend whos good with wood.. but he had never built a box either

it looks real nice like a prefab but better specs

Any particular reason why the port and sub aren't facing the same direction? With all the preaching on here about how in a trunk car it's always better to have them both fire toward the rear, you must be a mad man to do otherwise!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sjedwards84

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
sjedwards84
Wichita, Kansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date