got my new 12" hdc4 today with pics

Last edited by a moderator:
all depends on how you build the box.

My Hdc3a 15" suprised all the guys at the last comp with how well it sounded. they primarily were running DD woofers, 1 guy had 6 ultras, and another DC Xls.

they can sound pretty good.

not sure how, but AQ got wrapped up in a rumor about their sq.

all depends on how you build the box.My Hdc3a 15" suprised all the guys at the last comp with how well it sounded. they primarily were running DD woofers, 1 guy had 6 ultras, and another DC Xls.

they can sound pretty good.

not sure how, but AQ got wrapped up in a rumor about their sq.
Not really. Ive never heard the HDC4, but every DD and AQ setup Ive ever heard was hollow. Even ones tuned and peaking up.

I was surprised too.. it sounded a lot cleaner to me than the hdc3
sorry but that alignment and time won't sound good..

physics does lie..

I think your hdc3 was simply in the wrong alignment..

that woofer might have 15mm xmax..

not knocking the woofer I bet it **** loud..

Not really. Ive never heard the HDC4, but every DD and AQ setup Ive ever heard was hollow. Even ones tuned and peaking up.
what your hearing is a mixture of harmonic, group delay and frequency response distortion..

about 90% of what your hearing is in form of mechanical distortion from the soft parts and dampening of the system followed by GD and a non linear frequent response..

It ***** with a busted box now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I wonder if putting screws in the box will fix it for now. Ill find out tomorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

myjaja

10+ year member
Audioque
myjaja
San Antonio, Tx Posts: 143,632 _____<^>*_*&l
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date