got my d2's metered

im guessing by all the thread views that people are interested in the d2's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the box is about 4.5 cubes before displacement, not too big, also the sq is excellent event at those high volumes, it hits so precise its scarey
Mine is that way too....has better SQ than my IDMAX in a sealed box....mine sits in a 2.5 cubed box tuned to 32 hz....it is bliss

Scott, SC

how much are you hitting with your 15", im thinking of getting some after the xxx's in an 8 cubic ft. box, does yours have good sq in that big box, o and i think for the 2 magnums in that sealed box that is a very reasonable score :thumbsup also how many cubic ft is your box burnboy
I won't know till this saturday what kind of numbers I'm getting. It does have good SQ in my 5.1 cuft at ~35 hz, but I know it could be much better if I tune the box a little lower.

i have done some sound deadening in the hatch area, not a very good job though. Im running all stinger interconnects and 1/0 power wire. I have a grounding kit hooked up too, stock battery. I didnt charge my battery up very good though so i can squeeze a few more out with that. Also my box has a leak around the sub thats hurting a bit. Once i port these and get a second jbl 1200.1 im sure ill hit 150 easy.
Trust me your not gonna be hitting 150 with adding another amp. 150 is a very hard score to get. You could maybe see a few db increase, but not 7dbs. I think maybe 145-6 is a score u could see. A friend of mine hit 148.3 with car off, with 2 9515s and 2 Zapco 9.0s, in a Ford Explorer Sport

im using a jbl 1200.1 at 2 ohms so about 700 watts. Im not just adding another amp im adding another amp and porting it which should give me about 6 dbs.

I wouldn't port em if I were you. They DO sound good ported, which is what I did first, but when I changed over to sealed they sounded incredible, where ported they sounded really good but not incredible. Loud though

Port them up, if you don't like it, go back to sealed. You can tune them really low and still have GREAT SQ !!

Nice score BTW. I can't wait to get my 2 RE HC 15's metered. I am cluesless as to what I'll hit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Burnboy

10+ year member
Burnboy
Kentucky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from