got my d2's metered

Burnboy
10+ year member

Kentucky
i have 2 15'' d2s in my rsx with a jbl 1200.1 it was in a sealed box with the new termlab mics. the mic was in the standard position and i hit........143.8! im pretty supsrised, my box has a few leaks in it so im sure that i can add a few more dbs. not bad for a sealed box huh?

Nice score :thumbsup , I hit a 143 in a sealed box with my 2 12'' SExxx's off that same amp in the trunk of my maxima.

i have 2 15'' d2s in my rsx with a jbl 1200.1 it was in a sealed box with the new termlab mics. the mic was in the standard position and i hit........143.8! im pretty supsrised, my box has a few leaks in it so im sure that i can add a few more dbs. not bad for a sealed box huh?
do you consider these good numbers?

i'm curious as to what people expect to hit db wise. like what does the number mean to you? (this calls for a new thread )

Warren, for a sealed enclosure, those are very good numbers. He can make them a little higher if he uses sound deadener (if not already done) or upgrades his battery, alt, wiring, etc.

Warren, for a sealed enclosure, those are very good numbers. He can make them a little higher if he uses sound deadener (if not already done) or upgrades his battery, alt, wiring, etc.
how are those good numbers for sealed.... is it b/c the average sealed boxes have those numbers or is it that the manuf. says that those are expected numbers?

how are those good numbers for sealed.... is it b/c the average sealed boxes have those numbers or is it that the manuf. says that those are expected numbers?

Because compared to other comparable sealed enclosure setups that is a high db score.

i have done some sound deadening in the hatch area, not a very good job though. Im running all stinger interconnects and 1/0 power wire. I have a grounding kit hooked up too, stock battery. I didnt charge my battery up very good though so i can squeeze a few more out with that. Also my box has a leak around the sub thats hurting a bit. Once i port these and get a second jbl 1200.1 im sure ill hit 150 easy.

I hope this proves that I can do well with a single SX ported
how much are you hitting with your 15", im thinking of getting some after the xxx's in an 8 cubic ft. box, does yours have good sq in that big box, o and i think for the 2 magnums in that sealed box that is a very reasonable score :thumbsup also how many cubic ft is your box burnboy

the box is about 4.5 cubes before displacement, not too big, also the sq is excellent event at those high volumes, it hits so precise its scarey

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Burnboy

10+ year member
Burnboy
Kentucky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from