Got my Audiobahn 1251 and OMFG!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

IowaBoomer
10+ year member

OMG this sub is incredible!

With a PUNCH 250 watt amp (bridged, with pos of both VC in left side and negs of both VC in right) and a LANZAR 1600VBD cd player (using the loud feature from the other remote), the sound from this sub is spectacular.

I currently have it housed in a all fiberglass HUGELY ported box. It's a $300 concert style box. Just incredible lows and great mids.

This sub cost me only $55 including shipping, and I am using nearly NO GAIN on the amp, so I get no distortion.

The sub actually makes music above the volume level 18 (from 0-32) too loud to listen to, and I am terrified of blowing this thing.

So, if you see an audiobahn 1251 cheap, and need an AWESOME sub for the price, pick it up.

(BTW, the only down side is that my sub is overheating due to the 8 ohms being thrown at it by the DVC. but, o well! It has an auto shutoff, and I don't play it at that loud level with bass heavy songs {read:impressing} for long, so it stays ok.

You mean your amp is overheating, right, you said my sub is overheating, anyway that's cause you have it wired to 2 ohms not 8, if both the positives and negatives are together. fosgate amps don't usually have a problem with 2ohm loads though, whats the rating on your sub?

Well, I had the Dual 4 ohms wired in parellel (?) both pos and both negs wired together, then I bridged it. I hit a curb and the sub stopped working, so I got my money back from the company and went out and bought a JLW3 12''.

Much better sub, but the audiobahn still impresses me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

IowaBoomer

10+ year member
IowaBoomer
Walnut, IA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from