Got hit by noob driver, what should I expect?

If your attention span can hold up to the challenge.... look at post #17. I said my peace there and did a major contribution to this thread. Why dont you flame the guy that I was quoting? That particular post had nothing to offer other than 1 more post to a potential post wh0re.
wait a minute. I'm not flaming you. I agreed with you about how people notice smallest crap and made a comment about that other dude who made that nonsense comment about my plate holder. Sorry about misunderstanding

they might total it due to the spot the driver hit you in.. replacing the parts and re-paint/blending is going to cost a decent amount

i got slightly rear ended and you can barely see the dent at all but i got $600 and pocketed it

Could well be totaled depending on book value to the insurance company. My wife got hit last week in her '03 Bonneville, just a fender, bumper, hood and headlight assembly... bill was $4,400. This was a hit into the side of the bumper, just missing the wheel which would have escalated the bill. If the damage is ~80% or so of book value they'll usually just total it.

This morning my insurance agent called. Spend good 30mins on the phone answering questions, etc. Then we agreed that she will contact rental place and set up an appointment for the car. After lunch some dude from rental places calls asking what time I can be there. I was like I thought you people will come and pick me up. He was like ok and we agree he'll be at my work at 3.30. So 3.30 came, 3.45 , 4.00 this dumba$$ never came. Then I as like F. it and went to bus station. Hear phone ringing on the bus. Guess who was that? That idiot was asking which building I'm in. I laughed at him and wished a nice day. Will ltalk to his manager tomorrow.

It's NOT going to be as simple as a replacement fender and door.

Obviously those will be replaced, but look at the wheel, doesn't look right. Probably got bend control arm, tie rod.. perhaps damage to the rack from the shock, or damaged front subframe... It will certainly need to be inspected fully and put on an alignment rack to diagnose what issues with the front will need to be fixed.

If I were you I'd hope it's just the control arm or something simple like that bent... at worst the unibody could be tweaked.. might be able to be pulled into shape.. never know. Frame damage is bad news, and is a distinct possibility in most collisions of any force.

wait a minute. I'm not flaming you. I agreed with you about how people notice smallest crap and made a comment about that other dude who made that nonsense comment about my plate holder. Sorry about misunderstanding
It's all good. That's why I sometimes hate this typing crap. It becomes difficult to figure out who is flaming who.

Good luck with your options on your car. I was thinking why not just gut the car and make it a SPL monster? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Updates on the accident: Spoke with my case rep and she was like ok, I'm pretty much finished with you. Now you have to wait for a call from total loss rep and talk to her about everything from now on. So looks like this 30mph small pos toyota totaled my gti .

Anyway what should I do with my system now. Its on my policy valued for 1K. Should I just leave it in there and collect a payment or go there before that **** is gone and take everything what I can?? Or collect payment, get all my **** and call it a day?

Updates on the accident: Spoke with my case rep and she was like ok, I'm pretty much finished with you. Now you have to wait for a call from total loss rep and talk to her about everything from now on. So looks like this 30mph small pos toyota totaled my gti .
Anyway what should I do with my system now. Its on my policy valued for 1K. Should I just leave it in there and collect a payment or go there before that **** is gone and take everything what I can?? Or collect payment, get all my **** and call it a day?
If you didn't name the equipment on the poolicy, throw some XPlod **** in there and take that out.

If you didn't name the equipment on the poolicy, throw some XPlod **** in there and take that out.
And make sure you send a stipend to this dude. Good thinking. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

id be trying to get my system out if i were u
I'll have to find out with my insurance rep. It's on my policy under "special equipment /customization " section for 1K. No brands and it doesn’t even say how many amps I have in there. If they agree to pay me 1K than I’m going to drop some xplod **** in there (thanks TurdFergueson2) and take all the good stuff out.

If they are not going to pay me , than of course I’ll be first thing in the morning to rip everything out anyway. I'm pretty sure they don't really care anyway.

Will let you know how that goes.

BTW: Picked the police report on Friday and that bish who hit me has neither fuking insurance nor drivers license.

They not better even mention that I’ll have to pay deductibles and all that other BS fees.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

svarasnj

10+ year member
car audio noob
svarasnj
south orange, NJ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date