Got hit by noob driver, what should I expect?

They will total it if the cost of repair is above the value of the car. You do not always lose a totaled car. There is a way to buy it back from the ins co. You can then repair the vehicle and after some inspections (brake and light is one of them) you may reapply for registration. Then your registration/title will have a description "Salvaged" or something similar.

Don't let any insurance company screw you. The check is compensation for damages and you can do with it as you please. You are also entitled to "loss of use" compensation as well. They will either pay for you to have a rental car to replace yours while it's in the shop or you can choose to just take the money as compensation. They don't like to tell people that stuff. If they don't bring it up make sure to ask them about it yourself.

yeah and to make some stupid comments which has nothing to do with a current situation. That plate holder came with a car when I bought it 4 years ago.
So take it off, is it really hard to take out 2 screws and avoid looking like a retard?

By the way, when you say if it's a total loss you'll take it apart; what do you mean? You realize if it's a total loss you lose the car, right?
Not exactly true. You can buy your car back from the insurance people if totaled. Thats how a lot of used car lots get their cars. They buy totaled cars and re-do it.

By the way, when you say if it's a total loss you'll take it apart; what do you mean? You realize if it's a total loss you lose the car, right?
They usually give you the option to buy it back from them very cheap. I got a guy at work whose car has been totaled 3 times, he just keeps buying it back, and has plenty of money left over.

yeah and to make some stupid comments which has nothing to do with a current situation. That plate holder came with a car when I bought it 4 years ago.
If your attention span can hold up to the challenge.... look at post #17. I said my peace there and did a major contribution to this thread. Why dont you flame the guy that I was quoting? That particular post had nothing to offer other than 1 more post to a potential post wh0re.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

svarasnj

10+ year member
car audio noob
svarasnj
south orange, NJ
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date