Got done building a box. Will insulator count as displacement?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jlaudiow6
10+ year member

san diego
I just built a fiberglass box for 2 12 w7. It fits nicely in the car but in order for it to look how i wanted i had to make the box bigger than the recomended specs..

Its a sealed enclosure. Kind of makes a hollow noise some times. Like the box is too big. I have like 2 yards of fleece left over which i think will make a good insulator inside the box.

I was wondering if that the fleece counts as a displacement to make the volume in side the box smaller.

thanks

i just placed the fleece in there and the hollow sound is gone but is the fleece strong enough to consider it as a displacement? or do i need to put some blocks of wood in there?

the fleece got rid of the hollow sound becauses it acts as dampening, which is necessary in any sealed enclosure. But its not changing the volume of the box, if it sounds good, i wouldnt worry about changing the internal volume, but u can try droping somthin solid in there to see how it sounds (but secure it so i doenst rattle around and dammage ur sub). U might want to try replacing the fiberglass fleece with a material designed for dampening, such as Acoustastuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jlaudiow6

10+ year member
jlaudiow6
san diego
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from