Got a new JL w3v3 and need advice on amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nickster

Hey guys so I just recently got a 500 watt 10 inch JL w3v3 (2 ohm) and I'm pretty inexperienced at all this stuff and I want all the aspects of my system to be good. I am not sure what amp to get, I want a nice one (forget about price) that I can bump my 500 watt sub with very well and also be able to wire speakers up to it as well. By the way I also have a jvcxd receiver. I would also like to know if there's a certain enclosure I should get and wiring as well. I don't know if this is important but I drive a 96 Lincoln (big car and big trunk). Any other suggestions or recommendations would be great because all I have right now is the sub and receiver. Thanks

for your enclosure get a custom ported box built. @CSCStang is a builder on here and ships some of the best boxes around. you can call him a CA.com forum boner lol.

your amp well you want something that does 500 at 2 ohms preferable 600. its always good to have headroom. you'd need an amp that has a subsonic filter if you went with a ported box which will give you the best output possible. if price REALLY is not an issue id recommend getting separate amps for your subwoofer and your highs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Nickster

Nickster
Charlotte, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
C1500martin