Got a new car, advice on migrating my system?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey everyone, It's been a long while since I have been active on this awesome forum. I've just traded my Jeep for a new to me 03 MB C230 Coupe and the factory Bose system in this car is pretty underwhelming.

Here's what I salvaged from my Jeep's system that needs a new home:

Audison Bit Ten D and DRC

Pure i-20 iPhone dock (Toslink into the processor)

Alpine MRP-F300

Alpine MRP-M500

JL 12W6v2 and custom box

CDT ES-01 wideband tweeters

Rainbow 6.5 midbass'

A massive bird's nest of wiring

Given that the Bose system is all fiber optic, I see only two options. Get the signal after the Bose amp, or just leave the factory stuff alone use the Pure i-20 as the only source unit. Hell I may even keep the stock speakers at first just to see what I can get out of them.

Thoughts on all this?

I wish I could give the bit a digital signal from the factory head unit. But the fiber optics are a proprietary "D2B" connector rather than the Toslink connector that the Bit uses. If I had bought a 2005 or newer, I could use Audison's new "DMI" thing that taps into "MOST" fiber optic systems and gives you a Toslink output for a Bit. So my only option to use the factory stuff is to tap signal coming out of the amp to feed the Bit.

I would get the signal after the amp & install your gear. I tried going with the stock system for a while. I added a sub at first, but was not content with the overall sound. I then swapped everything out...hard to stay with the stock system when you're used to much better sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

TheMayer

10+ year member
TheMayer
Lewisville, North Carolina, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from