Got a Lexus GX470 for a good deal, great car but.......

Participant count
  • Participant list

2likru

Recently I purchased a clean old Lexus GX470 w/nav. I love this thing except for one huge problem, this car doesn't have an aux for connecting iPhones, iPods, and etc. To make matters worse, it does not recognize blu-tooth from newer phones and even if it did, it would only be for making calls not for streaming music which is what I would use it for most often. After doing a some research I have found that their are quite a few aftermarket solutions to my dilemma but now I have another problem. The new problem is that there are a bunch of different companies making the same product for the gx but I can't find much of a review on how good any off them are, let alone how they compare to one another so I am in the weeds on which to purchase. I would like to see if any installers have dealt with any of the brands I'm going to list and what you think of them. Any help would be appreciated.

Here are the companies I've found making a aux/blu-tooth solution for the GX470.

Compay Product

VIAS Technology SoundLinQ3 (Model SL3B)

Parrot MKi9200

GTA CAR KITS (no model name or number on website)

GROM GROM-B3-TOY

Has anyone here dealt with any of these companies or used any of their products? Does anyone have a recommendation, for one of these or another companies product?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have own 3 Lexus vehicles now, and yes having older models is a little upsetting since there is no aux port. I tried the GROM adapter when I had my 02 GS430 but had problems with connectivity and clarity issues. However, I am on ClubLexus and a lot people there tend to used the VAIS and have nothing but praise for their devices. If you have time check it out: Club Lexus: New, Used Lexus Reviews, Research, Performance, Parts - ClubLexus.com

Thanks for the reply. I was already leaning toward VAIS but for no real reason except that they had the nicest website. I actually found most of the products I listed on the ClubLexus forum but I haven't seen much about whether one is better than another. I'll dig deeper and I'll take what you said about the GROM into consideration.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

2likru

2likru
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
2likru