good wire or not

Participant count
  • Participant list
All KnuKonceptz wire is good wire..... they are probably the best product for price seller on wire I've ever seen.... I've used their 1/0 and 4 guage power wire and the SS series speaker wire and have been more than happy with the results and saved alot of $$$ doing it... I wish I would have known about Knu when I did my van several years ago, spent way too much on the Stinger wire.....

Assuming your talking about the KLMX wire, it's a pretty decent wire, but it's also CCA. If you want good wire you want a pure copper wire, not a copper clad aluminum wire. CCA is good for those on a budget and not looking for the very best in wire.

He didn't specify and this is very true... but as long as a person isn't trying to run 3-4k on it they should be just fine... but whether it's the KLMX or not their prices beat that of just about any other brand for quality wire.....

The prices are definitely great, thats why I went with them. I read an article in PasMag, and they had a small article on CCA wire versus pure copper wire and showed how the CCA has only 66.6% conductivity over the pure copper wire, providing your using exactly the same ga and strand count. If you have the issue, it's on page 58 of the Aug 2009 issue.

thanks man....i really was wondering what the hell CCA was...and now i know...i guess i will have to go with the better knu wire.. b/c i am gunna be running 4k -5k watts....thanks again

You can still use that wire, but you'll want to use multiple runs of it if you do.
well...i was planning on running a power and ground from front battery..to back batts...then 2 powers and 2 neg off back batterys to amp.....would this work or just save for the good wire??

does it even make a difference if i do not run a ground from front to back ....just run a ground off back batts to frame?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.