good tweeters?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Justin braaapp

CarAudio.com Elite
Looking to upgrade my mids and hi's. I know I for sure want crescendo pwx mids but im not sure what tweeters to look into. I have an fi sp4 running off a crescendo bc3500 so I want something that wont get drowned out by the sub. They are going in a 2000 chevy Silverado 1500 and will be placed in the pillars. And help you guys can give is much appreciated thank you.

Ill be running a polk pa660 amp on them until I can afford a better amp and im sorry but what's the difference between active and pass?
Active uses the amp or deck xovers. Passive uses the xover that comes with a component set

Active uses the amp or deck xovers. Passive uses the xover that comes with a component set
okay then im running passive. I have focals now but they aren't cutting it anymore I want something that will get a little louder and sound a little cleaner. On a lot of songs my sub drowns out the mids and hi's.

those will work with my current amp? 

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

I wont have money till the next 10th im just trying to plan out what I want before then
That's fine. Just saying if the whole side is dead. You'll need to replace everything if you have a dmm you can check to see if the tweet and mid is blown or the xover is bad

That's fine. Just saying if the whole side is dead. You'll need to replace everything if you have a dmm you can check to see if the tweet and mid is blown or the xover is bad
Well what happened was the fuse block coming from the sub amp melted into the wires coming out of the box and somehow that messed up the left speakers. im going to take a dmm to them this weekend but just incase id like to know what some good options are for replacements. I like the pwx mids but not sure on what tweeters to get

Well what happened was the fuse block coming from the sub amp melted into the wires coming out of the box and somehow that messed up the left speakers. im going to take a dmm to them this weekend but just incase id like to know what some good options are for replacements. I like the pwx mids but not sure on what tweeters to get
I believe those Mids are made for active use not passive. Budget for tweets ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.