Good Tuning Freq for reggae?

Participant count
  • Participant list

throatrattling
10+ year member

Canadian Guy
Toronto
Hey fellas.. I recently built my first box. Running a DD 2515 in about 3.5cu tuned somewhere around 40hz on a clean 1500rms.

I find that the sub isn't hitting the higher frequencies hard in most of the music that I listen to. It does well on all of the lows, but anything higher and it barely sounds. I have an OK ear for music, but I haven't trained my ear to understand different frequencies

Just wondering if there's anyone who listens to reggae, or could at least reccommend a tuning frequency based on an audio clip:

Bass line starts around 0:35secs in

Thanks in advance for any feedback

any idea what frequencies it hits?

get a program called audacity, using that you can analyze the mp3 with a plot to find what frequencies your music generally plays at. Then you tune a bit under that frequency.

Only problem is then you would be restricted to that type of music as too far under the tuning freq and you will get excess excursion.

Most musical boxes afaik tend to be tuned to about 30-35hz. Mine is tuned to 25hz, but i'll probably be going up to 30hz on my next box. I think 40hz tuning is probably high enough, i think you should make sure that the sounds you are looking for are actually frequencies that are supposed to come out the sub, and not the mids.

You can try raising your low pass filter to see if that helps any. I have that same problem because I'm tuned so low, but it's fine cause I don't like any of those frequencies anyways.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.