good sq/monster low end... sealed?

Look @ the Ascendant Audio Havoc, it kills lows and has great SQ, its a Fi Q just better, its been compared more to the 05 RE XXX

I had a 18 sealed in 4.75 cubes off 1600watts and it was nuts and sounded great on everything

yeah ported is good, but i have heard some loud ass sealed setups that get very low, i still like ported better bc ima base head:crazy: but i would do a nice 15 sealed, check out the mmats p3.0, plenty of output but has great sq, u can get them at woofersetc.com, or u can email the company directly they can sale u some refurb ones at a lower price.

I'll have to agree with Mr Grubbs, and Oldschool4me. I have a pair of JBL GTi MK II's that will be going into a 1cft sealed/ea enclosure. However, the guy that talked me into the JBL's was a sealed fan, and tried this sub ported. He said he was blown away. He had never before heard a sub in a ported enclosure that sounded as good as sealed, but he said this one does. I'm still going sealed, but I'll be running 1200w to each. I think that should take care of the low end extension. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I just prefer the 1 cft enclosure to the 2.25 cft encosure. I still want SOME cargo room! Now, that's for the 12" The Gti 15" only needs 1.5 sealed, but 4 cft for ported. The price is in the range you asked for, and the power handling is good to 1000w as well.

There is an AA avalanche in the classifieds, or like mentioned earlier that OZ audio ME would be a bad ass sub to try.

edit: The Avalanche is used by HT guys. HT is tuned a lot lower than CA, and that sub gets low as hell.

Alpine Type-X.
Hmmm....let's see....Alpine Type X sub, 83 db sensetivity. JBL WGTi12" MKII, 91 db sensetivity. Both have around 1000W rms power handling. So, your Alpine would have to carry 4000W RMS to surpass the JBL sub....Hmmmm....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.