good electronic crossovers?

Justin braaapp

CarAudio.com Elite
Im switching my front stage up to a pair of soundqubed super tweets and a set of pxw 6.5 mids and wanted to know what a good electronic crossoveris to use. Im pretty new to using crossovers so im looking to you guys to give me some insight. I would be using it with a polk pa660 amp. Any help you guys could give me would be appreciated!

Audiocontrol make some good ones..
What's the difference between like the 5 channels and the 3 channels and 2 channels? I just want one for my one set of tweeters and one set if mids so what would I need? That's what I'm confused on. Like I said this is my first time getting a crossover. Thanks for the help man

Those are inline crossovers that have a set frequency. You just plug them to your rcas...

What are you trying to do exactly?..go active?

you need to find something around 3000-4500 Hz for the tweeters and there down for the mids. High pass the mids from 80-100 Hz,andthe sub from there down.

So you need a 3 way crossover.

Those are inline crossovers that have a set frequency. You just plug them to your rcas... What are you trying to do exactly?..go active?

you need to find something around 3000-4500 Hz for the tweeters and there down for the mids. High pass the mids from 80-100 Hz,andthe sub from there down.

Yea I gues I'm just trying to use the super tweets and pa mids with my current amp and I hear using an electronic crossover is easier to tune than going full active

If you can find one since their no longer in production. The Coustic DX 28. Very good quality x - over. Just food for thought. My second choice would be Audiocontrol for a mid level unit.

Those are inline crossovers that have a set frequency. You just plug them to your rcas... What are you trying to do exactly?..go active?

could you give me a link to a crossover that will work for me please?

Ok I'm assuming your Polk amp is 2 channel . If that's the case but the sound qubed componet set I think is 200$ and it comes with the crossovers you need just hook up the speaker wires to the proper locations and bamm done .

What you are thinking of is getting an external crossover so you can run a 4 channel "active" where you run your rca's from your deck to a crossover where it would split/crossover your signal into a high pass RCA signal (tweets) which would go to 1 side of the 4 channel amp to send signal/power to your tweets and then the other rca's comming outta the crossover would need to be "bandpassed" allowing say everything from 90htz to 5000 htz to pass through to the other 2 channels of the 4ch amp to send signal/power to the mids.

With a 2 channle you need to have a "passive" crossover (the type that comes with componet sets) to run a 2 way componet set

Ok I'm assuming your Polk amp is 2 channel . If that's the case but the sound qubed componet set I think is 200$ and it comes with the crossovers you need just hook up the speaker wires to the proper locations and bamm done .
What you are thinking of is getting an external crossover so you can run a 4 channel "active" where you run your rca's from your deck to a crossover where it would split/crossover your signal into a high pass RCA signal (tweets) which would go to 1 side of the 4 channel amp to send signal/power to your tweets and then the other rca's comming outta the crossover would need to be "bandpassed" allowing say everything from 90htz to 5000 htz to pass through to the other 2 channels of the 4ch amp to send signal/power to the mids.

With a 2 channle you need to have a "passive" crossover (the type that comes with componet sets) to run a 2 way componet set
no my amp is 4 channel and im not getting the component set, i ordered the super tweets tonight and im getting their pa mids next week so i would either like to get an amp thats active capable or an electronic xover

Look at componet sets from soundqubed, alpine etc

I have a set of the ppi power class 3 ways that I run off of a class ab Phoenix gold ti800.2. And the are fantastic for the money I think the 2 ways are 199$ and the 3 ways are 249$ I highly recomend the 3 ways if you have atleast 500 rms less than that the 2 ways will prolly do better.. Any of these componet sets come with the passive xover's you will need..

That power class 3 way set is nasty though I have them in the tower speaker of a ski boat and they are loud enough that you can hear them very loud while skiing/wakebording .

So can't go wrong with the soundqubed componet set (it comes with super tweets) or a sundown componet set or the ppi power class 3 way or 2 way sets.. All you will need to run them off your 2 ch will be included...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.