good electronic crossovers?

Ok so it is 4 channel than test you could get an audio controll 3-4 way xover and go active or run passives on each half.. Just borrow a dd1 and a cc1 and go active you won't regret it .

One idea would be to pick up a ppi 900.4 (fully active capable) and run active right from the amp x over. In my wife's care I have a 900.4 running 2 sundown comp sets (4 tweets 4 6.5's) active off the amps xover and I have not cooked a tweet yet. And with the ppi 900.4 putting 224 watts a channel out at 2 ohm each tweet/speaker is seeing 110 rms..plenty of powa..

So either you buy a xover (100$ aprox) or get you a ppi 900.4 175.00 and solve your xover issue and add more power and prolly less current draw since that 900.4 is so efficient ..

Ok so you got tweets and are getting pa mids ok. You need to get a good active xover like an audio controll 2 way is fine as long as you have "band pass" ability on 1 channel for the mid .

If you don't wanna mess with active, a passive xover is the next best thing which to tell you the truth I'm not too sure where you can buy the passive xovers buy them selves I'm sure they are out there and if not the speaker classifieds usually has a set from some one who went active. Personally I would get a ppi 900.4 it's just so easy to go active with it and it puts out crazy power for its size and money. And by the time you buy xovers whether you go active of passive you will be getting close to the 100$ range why not just spend a lil more and get an active capable amp

Ok so you got tweets and are getting pa mids ok. You need to get a good active xover like an audio controll 2 way is fine as long as you have "band pass" ability on 1 channel for the mid .
If you don't wanna mess with active, a passive xover is the next best thing which to tell you the truth I'm not too sure where you can buy the passive xovers buy them selves I'm sure they are out there and if not the speaker classifieds usually has a set from some one who went active. Personally I would get a ppi 900.4 it's just so easy to go active with it and it puts out crazy power for its size and money.
yea thats definitely the amp im getting if i go full active, its such a good price for all the features and power! And i know i havent been able to find any passive xovers anywhere which is a bummer. Thanks for all your help though man, much appreciated!

2 way x over will work with what you have assuming you have a sub out on the deck if not you will need a 3 way xover so you can have sub tweet and a bandpassed mid..

Highly recomend the 900.4 I have 3 of them and god almighty they put out the powa I have 1 runnin 4 Neo pro 8" mids in 4 ohm and good god they are loud you outta here the other one I have running the 2 componets 2 ways freakin painful crisp clear .. Everything you want/need in your mid/highs

Dayum the ppi 900.4 has gone up I bought my first one for 167.00$ my 2nd and 3rd for 176.00$ now they are runnin 220.00 to 235.00$ still a helluva deal but if it goes over 240$ start lookin at the sound qubed sq4 4 channel it's active capable and a great amp.

2 way x over will work with what you have assuming you have a sub out on the deck if not you will need a 3 way xover so you can have sub tweet and a bandpassed mid..
Highly recomend the 900.4 I have 3 of them and god almighty they put out the powa I have 1 runnin 4 Neo pro 8" mids in 4 ohm and good god they are loud you outta here the other one I have running the 2 componets 2 ways freakin painful crisp clear .. Everything you want/need in your mid/highs
yea i have a 15" fi sp4 on a crescendo bc3500 and i think im leaning towards the ppi amp for sure

Okay what are fmods? I'm new to this haha
What I described is all you need and will cost $35. I run the SAME thing in the wifey's ride with AQ supertweeters and PA mids...simple and effective. 3500Hz LPF FMOD's. Set HPF on HU for the mids so you have a bandpass. Tweeters run amp on FULL since xover is built into them.

What I described is all you need and will cost $35. I run the SAME thing in the wifey's ride with AQ supertweeters and PA mids...simple and effective. 3500Hz LPF FMOD's. Set HPF on HU for the mids so you have a bandpass. Tweeters run amp on FULL since xover is built into them.
but what are foods?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.