Good car?

not that many really.trust me man look at the history of all the GM cars with the 3.4 none have proven reliable.intake gaskets,head gaskets and many more problems
v8's can do over 20mpg on the highway too
you have no clue what your talking about.

they stopped making them in 3.4l in like 94 or 96

this is an 01' its a 3800

you have no clue what your talking about.
they stopped making them in 3.4l in like 94 or 96

this is an 01' its a 3800
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif actually you dont know poo.the 3.8 is junk also maybe even more so! what do you do for a living?are you a mechanic?im sure not.ask some other mechanics youngin....

If there was an 01 camaro with 60k for $1,500 in my area for sale, it would be sitting in my garage by now.

good deal.

Something isn't right. $1500 for an '01 car with under 100k miles? Seems to good to be true.

If it is legit, you should buy it and then sell it yourself, then take the profit you made and buy some audio equipment.

Something isn't right. $1500 for an '01 car with under 100k miles? Seems to good to be true.
If it is legit, you should buy it and then sell it yourself, then take the profit you made and buy some audio equipment.
X2.

OP, have you driven it yet?

X2.
OP, have you driven it yet?
Nope, ridden in it though. Nothing wrong with it lol... The chick is my girlfriend's, old friend so i've been around it plenty. Like I said, the girl's parents are buying her a new car and they told her not till she got rid of hers.

They dont care how, it just has to go, so she low balled it to get herself a new car...

No link sorry, its just sold locally. I'd put up some pics, but i havn't see her for a while.

Kelley Blue Book lists the private party value at $4,625 in good condition. It could be a little different depending on the different options it has. Good deal.

I once owned a 3.4 firebird...spent a small fortune on repairs...then a 3.8 firebird (change plugs and oil..no issues), then a 3.8 Grand Prix, and then another 3.8 Grand prix..this one has a blower though...

maybe it's a Michigan thing, but mechanics in this neck of the woods love the 3.8's...it's a shame they stopped making them... there's a reason why the 3.8 (in some form or another) has been around for 20ish years.... it's reliable..

my opinion...

I found a girl selling her 2001 Camaro for $1,500. It has like 60k miles on it, and shes the original owner. Thinking about it... How are camaros for repair, gas mileage, and most importantly car audio?
My brother had a '92 Camaro that just... fell apart. It was at 120K, I think, when the transmission mount rusted out and the tranny nearly fell. Then the exhaust mount rusted out... then the engine stopped turning over, and he was like "it's not even worth it." We bought it for 1K. But it ran for quite a bit. I loved it. I hate the new body styles, though.

As far as audio: the trunk is TINY. You won't be able to fit much in there. Maybe dual 8's tuned low would make some pretty good sound.

Can't go wrong for the price. You could always do an engine swap or supercharge the V6 if you wanted to later.
I believe the V6 made 200 hp or so.
I don't think they made 200, but they definitely have more torque than V6 Mustangs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.