Good amplifier and DSP choices for my system.

Participant count
  • Participant list

akaSciFi

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everybody,

I'm new here. I don't know too much about audio system installations, and I need help in understanding what kind of amplifier I need.

Background: I have 2019 Honda Accord Sport. It's all stock, which comes with: no amplifier, no sub, the front has an upper-door tweeter and a lower door speaker, the rear doors have one speaker in each door, and the rear deck has two speakers as well.

My plan is to start with adding an amplifier, a sub, and replacing the front speakers and tweeters. I did have a factory Honda 400-watt system in a past car that had an amp and sub and it was PLENTY loud for me. It actually didn't sound bad at all to me either. If it ends up being possible, I do want to add a center channel to my system (the optional premium factory system has this and this car might have the mount point.)

My question is what amplifier and DSP options will suffice here? I really only want one device if possible. The D-4.800 looks appealing because it has a DSP built in and has plenty of power. Is the 4 channels enough to serve everything? Could I save money and go with a Sony XM-GS6DSP? Correct me anywhere I might be wrong.

EDIT: The rear doors do not have speakers.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.