Good amp for single Fosgate P3 12" 4ohm?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jlund10

CarAudio.com Newbie
US
Hey I'm new to car audio and the forum, I'm trying to put together a solid bass setup for my 2015 nissan sentra for around $500.
I'm not looking for anything crazy loud, but I still want something that bumps if that makes sense.
I think I'm set on the P3D4 12" by rockford fosgate for the sub, i just need help finding an amp that fits in my budget and provides enough power. (under $300)

from what I've read, I'd need an amp producing around 550-740 watts rms at 2 ohms impedance.

If you guys could throw me some recommendations for amps or really any beginner audio advice I'd really appreciate it thanks.

How much you paying for the rockford? Probably could do better for less (to hit your total budget). I would factor half of that for an enclosure if going ported unless you’re willing to make your own.

For that sub you specified:

better alternative for output potential
On that budget:

Amp is full bridge technology so more efficient on your electrical than half bridge, will put out plenty of power and you can keep your gains conservative. Plus the amp is rated for 1 ohm if you eventually add another sub.

leaves you with about $150 for an enclosure and wiring.

How much you paying for the rockford? Probably could do better for less (to hit your total budget). I would factor half of that for an enclosure if going ported unless you’re willing to make your own.

On that budget:

Amp is full bridge technology so more efficient on your electrical than half bridge, will put out plenty of power and you can keep your gains conservative. Plus the amp is rated for 1 ohm if you eventually add another sub.

Wouldn't the 9701 power that sub to it's full potential? 800 watts at 2 ohm.

On that budget:

That sounds like it would boom, I'll have to look into full bridge amps. Only reason I'm trying to stay conservative on power is because I've heard Sentras have weak alternators and I'm not sure how to determine exactly what it can handle.

Taramps rates it at 91 amps max musical consumption. With a good and biggest agm battery in front and keeping gains conservative you’ll be fine. I googled it and it looks like alternators for Sentras are anywhere from 70-110 amps.

The next smaller one md 1200.1 2 ohm is 1200 watts and 60 amps max musical consumption. I think you could do either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.