Good alarms??

Originally posted by SentraStyleEMW The best alarm is going to be a properly installed one. An alarm is only going to be as good as it's installation.
Correct.

I like anything that comes from Directed...http://www.directed.com/security/default.asp

- Steve:)

Crimestopper CS-2001

**** good system, the only thing I don't like about mine is that it is too sensative. At it's lowest sensativity it will go off when the car next to mine is started.

Has the ability to work with factory security, doorlock, and remote start systems. They have a $250,000 garantee that it will prevent theft when properly installed.

A proper installation has:

auto door-lock

auto window close (on vehicles with power windows)

starter disable

Battery disable (disconnects battery from starter, computer, Ign. Coil, etc.)

Auto arm (arms 30 seconds after all doors are closed)

There are better units out there but they cost a lot more. Top line units also have two-way remotes and pager/cell-phone notification of when the system is tripped.

Originally posted by CarAudioAddict Crimestopper CS-2001

**** good system, the only thing I don't like about mine is that it is too sensative. At it's lowest sensativity it will go off when the car next to mine is started.

Has the ability to work with factory security, doorlock, and remote start systems. They have a $250,000 garantee that it will prevent theft when properly installed.

A proper installation has:

auto door-lock

auto window close (on vehicles with power windows)

starter disable

Battery disable (disconnects battery from starter, computer, Ign. Coil, etc.)

Auto arm (arms 30 seconds after all doors are closed)

There are better units out there but they cost a lot more. Top line units also have two-way remotes and pager/cell-phone notification of when the system is tripped.
Hes Correct but wouldnt that cost alot

Originally posted by ss3079 Correct.

I like anything that comes from Directed...http://www.directed.com/security/default.asp

I second the DEI alarms, they are good and easy to upgrade and cheap too

A very popular model that sells well for us id the Hornet 553T, we sell it for $115

"The all-in-one Hornet 553T is just right for someone looking for convenience and security. With this system, the convenience of remote start and the assurance of a protected vehicle are available with the push of a button.Pre-warm your car in the winter, and pre-cool it in the summer with the top-of-the-line Hornet 553T remote start security system."

Originally posted by ezorderusa A very popular model that sells well for us id the Hornet 553T, we sell it for $115

"The all-in-one Hornet 553T is just right for someone looking for convenience and security. With this system, the convenience of remote start and the assurance of a protected vehicle are available with the push of a button.Pre-warm your car in the winter, and pre-cool it in the summer with the top-of-the-line Hornet 553T remote start security system."
That is a DEI alarm and they have the complete installation instructions on their website... I am thinking of personally doing that over the summer.

Originally posted by ezorderusa A very popular model that sells well for us id the Hornet 553T, we sell it for $115

Personally I would not get the 553T, but I did get the 732T. The 732 are the best one you can get. The 553T is more of a remote start convenience than an alarm. One of the reasons I went with DEI is that it’s easy to upgrade. So like I got the 732 and then I got the extra proxy's and sirens and pagers and then the remote start. You start with the basic alarm and you add what components you want. Good expandability. I have a DEI dealer close to me who has all if the add ons and i just pick and chose what it want and see what they do. Another cool part about the 732 is that its made DEI who makes hornet, viper, sidwinder, wasp, orion, PPI, ADS all that good stuff, so like it all the same just with different names on them. all the components are interchangable. good stuff

Originally posted by Heresy That is a DEI alarm and they have the complete installation instructions on their website... I am thinking of personally doing that over the summer.
Have fun:)

- Steve

Originally posted by ss3079 Have fun:)

- Steve
That is the beauty of going home from college over the summer. We have 4 vehicles and I figure that I am going to have 2 cars stripped and out of commission... Still 2 cars left to do errands with. :p

i checked ebay for the crimestopper one, they selling it for like $59, but dunno if it's complete.

Originally posted by ss3079 Correct.

hey steve, which ones in particular? i went to the web but darn they have a lot of choices.

n is it hard to install an alarm? i rather do ti myself than some store, cuz they prob wont' even do it right

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bowtiefan

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
bowtiefan
East TN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date