Good 4/0?

WTF are ya doin with it? Making figure 8's? Lol......just get the cheapest flex a prene you can find, and run it. Time to shiat or get off the pot. Its 4/0....we aint expecting it to wrap around a dime roll.....haha.

WTF are ya doin with it? Making figure 8's? Lol......just get the cheapest flex a prene you can find, and run it. Time to shiat or get off the pot. Its 4/0....we aint expecting it to wrap around a dime roll.....haha.
I'm just talking man. I don't want to buy it then have a really hard time trying to bend it at all. I have no experience with welding cable, and I'm used to knu flex and Kicker hyperflex.

Oh, well just go to the local welding store and let them show ya the roll, cause you buy it by the foot there. String some out and see if ya like it or not. Easiest way. And I'm just bustin yer balls, its kinda funny, 3 pages of 4/0....there are only so many manufacturers of it. (like 3)

Oh, well just go to the local welding store and let them show ya the roll, cause you buy it by the foot there. String some out and see if ya like it or not. Easiest way. And I'm just bustin yer balls, its kinda funny, 3 pages of 4/0....there are only so many manufacturers of it. (like 3)
Out of curiosity, do you know of any car audio manufacturers that make wire bigger than 1/0?

Yes it is, but someone "does" make it.
Stinger Electronics | Product Details

$13 a ft
Yep. I'd rather go 4/0 for $6 a foot or w/e it is.

DEAFWISH, I want your 4/0 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

But, can't afford it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I don't know, I really want to buy OFC.
Why do you want OFC so badly? I'd run plastic if it got the job done. Save the extra money and invest it into something else. Just do two runs of KLMX and be good for 500 amps. Only cheap way to do it. Otherwise you will be spending a **** load and will be gaining minimal to no benefit. You shouldn't be running 4/0 gauge if you can't afford it.

Why do you want OFC so badly? I'd run plastic if it got the job done. Save the extra money and invest it into something else. Just do two runs of KLMX and be good for 500 amps. Only cheap way to do it. Otherwise you will be spending a **** load and will be gaining minimal to no benefit. You shouldn't be running 4/0 gauge if you can't afford it.
It's not about being able to afford it. I can't afford anything right now, but I'm always trying to buy the best. I will always be upgrading, and if I can get wire that will support say twice as much current draw as I'm going to be pulling, I won't have to upgrade the wire for a while. I'm always building up, so overdoing it in the beginning will save me money in the long run.

Buck I used 4/0 in my Ram, it wasn't really flexable like car audio wire, but honestly it worked fine. it was a little more effort to bend it but I jsut over bent and it turned corners fine. I am using welding wire again. The flexability of wire is over rated IMO, you install it and forget it. We put all this effort into making custom boxes, deadening our doors... and to lay some wire, we want it to be like limp pasta! Why? Just my 0.02

Buck I used 4/0 in my Ram, it wasn't really flexable like car audio wire, but honestly it worked fine. it was a little more effort to bend it but I jsut over bent and it turned corners fine. I am using welding wire again. The flexability of wire is over rated IMO, you install it and forget it. We put all this effort into making custom boxes, deadening our doors... and to lay some wire, we want it to be like limp pasta! Why? Just my 0.02
Good point.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Buck

5,000+ posts
little alien on campus
Buck
Inside of a pyramid
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date