Alpine does not stay on...

Participant count
  • Participant list

BURMAT

My girlfriend has a Alphine deck, tied into a Alpine MRP-M500 amp, tied into a Sony Xplod sub. The amp has a blue light on the front, and when the key is turned it turns bright blue, but then fades and turns off.

I checked the amp and reconnected the wires, but it did not work. I pulled the deck out and checked all of the connections and they were all set. I disconnected the remote wire, and reconnected it. The light would turn bright blue, but would still fade and would turn off.

I really don't want to have to bring it in to someone, and do not have any friends that are audio experts. I just wanted to hear some suggestions before I paid to have it looked at. Thanks in advance for any ideas/comments

-Nathan

How is your amp getting power? Did you run a power wire from the battery to the amp? How is your ground? Is your ground the same size wire as your power wire What size wire did you use to power the amp?

I have a 2 gauge power wire coming straight from the battery, and 2 gauge ground wire grounded in the trunk, and a 10 gauge remote wire. This set up has worked fine for here for the last year, I just want to know what I should consider replacing first. I also checked the fuses on the amp and they are fine.

-Nathan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.