Going UP! Lift and rims/tires installed

jdc753
10+ year member

Truck Brigade
Mass
Well finally got it all done. Got a 4" RCD lift an 18x9 Pro Comp rims wrapped in Nitto Terra Grappler rubber, 315/75R18 (roughly 35x12.5)

Before:

The day I brought it home, those little mirrors only lasted about 3 weeks before I got the towing mirrors on it.

DSC00804.jpg

DSC01372.jpg

Few weeks back after it had a bath lol. Only changes so far from when I got it is the towing mirrors, crossover toolbox, and my redneck CB antennas lol.

DSC01547.jpg

DSC01554.jpg

After:

DSC01632.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

Playin around lol Pretty close when nose to nose, the one on the left sure would win though.

DSC01640.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

So far it certainly rides smoother than stock, only been able to put 60 miles on it since the lift. Taking off the steps cleans it up nicely too, bit of a step to get in but not too bad for me. Its definitely bigger but I can still reach up and over the bed rails and climb in/out of the bed without too much trouble. Definitely loving it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ex-girlfreinds dad had a truck like that. almost stuck with her cause he would let me drive it on dates //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

nice rig but i would have left the steps on it looks good though
Thanks man, I still got all the stock stuff so I could throw em on pretty quickly if I need too. I was never really a big fan of the stock steps, I am thinking of throwing on some different ones though just to help getting in and out and such mostly for others.

Thinking of a set of these steps, painted gray to match the bottom stripe. Biggest thing I like about these is the third step for getting in and out of the bed and toolbox and such.

NFab-Chevy6Step.jpg

realy nice ride. i realy like the f series big trucks. nice and clean look to it, how much noise do those tires make down freeway
Thanks man. They don't make too much I have only gotten about 100 miles on it since the lift and not too much on the freeway. With the windows down and goin about 75 or so on the highway they are barely noticeable over the wind noise, then windows up and radio off I can hear em but they are about even with the sound of the motor. This diesel is pretty quiet compared to most but still makes itself known when the radio is off. Otherwise just a slight howl to them, I dunno if I could ever deal with the noise some of the big mud tires make, some trucks I have heard coming from a mile away due to the tires alone.

A nice improvement it looks good. My buddy has a set of those wheels on his silverado hd and I like the design.
Thanks man, yea I am pretty happy with em. Clean looking, shiny and at the same time not too overdone.

definantly looking good. i like what youve done to it so far any plans for a debadge ?
Thanks, hmm thats a pretty good idea. Not too sure, if anything maybe the Powerstroke badge from the door and the FX4 stickers could drop pretty easily, the F350 fender badges have alignment pins in them though so that would require some body work.

looks perfect with that lift, not too much for everyday use, id take that international hauler in a heartbeat too:greedy:
Thanks, its exactly what I was going for, if I had to climb in and out of the bed for even the smallest thing or couldn't see over the bed rail (I'm 5'11") then it would have been too much for me and just defeated half of the purpose of the truck.

Yea the International is sweet, DT530 with an Alison auto. Full sleeper and from what I understand only 1 of 3 of these trucks built on the International chassis versus many built on the Freightliner chassis before the company went defunct.

very nice
looks like a truck now! Good work
Thanks guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ex-girlfreinds dad had a truck like that. almost stuck with her cause he would let me drive it on dates //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Hmmm thats a tough one, I think I would have stuck with her lol, and had a date planned for every night haha.

Looks great man! Those terra grapplers are supposed to be really good tires, my buddy has them on his duramax and digs em.

I like those nfab step bars too, I've been thinking about gettin a set...just trying to justify the pricetag.

Looks really good. That's a 6.0 right? Chip it and put an exhaust! Watch out though, the 6.0's popped head gaskets left and right due to weak head bolts when chipped and drove hard on the max setting.

Gad **** that's a big truck. I wouldn't want to get in a head-on collision with you.
Yea probably wouldn't be pretty for many of the vehicles on the road. I try to not drive like an ******* though and drive it like a big heavy slow to stop truck, just hope no one hits me lol.

Love it! Looks a lot better with the bigger tires/rims and lift and minus the steps.
Personally if you can get in and out, don't do any steps. Looks cleaner that way.
Thanks man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Thats what I am thinking, I don't got a significant other complaining to me about getting in and out anyways, so far so good lol.

Looks great man! Those terra grapplers are supposed to be really good tires, my buddy has them on his duramax and digs em.
I like those nfab step bars too, I've been thinking about gettin a set...just trying to justify the pricetag.
Cool good to hear, I have heard good things about how well they wear too, now just gotta see how well they will do in the mud for an A/T tire.

Yea, they are a bit pricey I think I was quoted $550 for a set with the 3 steps on each side (probably over 10' long for my truck lol) BUT, an easy way to justify them, just compare them to the price of the Amp Research power steps lol at about $1,200 a set //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Looks really good. That's a 6.0 right? Chip it and put an exhaust! Watch out though, the 6.0's popped head gaskets left and right due to weak head bolts when chipped and drove hard on the max setting.
Thanks man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Oh yea its a 6.0, I would have done that instead of the lift but I was very due for tires and didn't want to pick up a set of stocker size tires and then not get the lift or something.

Future plans include a SCT Xcal 3 tuned by Innovative, still a toss up between dual 4" or single 5" exhaust, dual looks sweet but 5" sounds better, then probably an Airaid intake and a set of gauges. Then picking up a set of head studs to sit on the shelf till it pops lol. I would love to down the road get a VGT-SS or 03 turbo and 190cc injectors and such but I dunno how that will go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.