going to try out orions new HCCA stuff

Participant count
  • Participant list

ferretslim
10+ year member

Canada
here is what i was thinking for my new front sound stage

Orion HCCA TN-1 going to put these in the doors with the 8" mids. may us my JL g4500 to power these. would i need a crossover or can i do it with just the amp?

Orion HCCA84NHP sure seem promising

Orion HCCA1500.4 might bridge this for the 2 midrange or get a second set what would you guys recomend

http://www.orioncaraudio.com/docs/ca...go_For_WEB.pdf

so i haven't tried sepret components yet so just sorta getting an idea of what i need make sure i have everything.

very excited. Had just given up on my massive audio CK6X and CK69X they play amazing pop dance electronic stuff but just cant play rock, metal and such

Now they have an opinion of 8ohm or 4ohm now What would the difference between them be? More Sq,or spl I have no idea having a hard time researching this

And with these 8" midrange am I going to be missing any frequencys ?

I am also currently running 2 of the new 10" type r in a JL high output box

Not familiar with the orion pa speakers. The difference in ohms is for configuration of your amplifier. Are you planning on running active with your amp? What are your crossover points on the amp? Midbass may be lacking as far as frequency is concerned.

Yes going to run active going to bridge the amp to power these midrange for now but thats what I was wondering if I was missing midbass here so mabe ill grab a set of orion xtx84 mid bass put them in the rear deck

As for the crossover the amp has a high pass cut system that you can multiply by 10 and take it up to 15khz and if that doesn't work ill have to grab a active crossover

ok so im going to far past my budget now so all these 8" midrange cant play midbass how can a 6.5" component set play both midrange and midbass or is one just missing?

one set of these high preformance 8"midrange and a tweeter set in the doors wont sound good? or will it sound way better than my 6.5" component set?

man taking it a step further than an amped component set is harder than i thought any help here would be appreciated thanks guys really want to take this next step.

What can't the massives do? Have you Just Bolted them to the stock location or did you prep the doors in anyway. Just throwing pa speakers in the car is doubtfully going to make a large difference. It's kind of like having a junk leaky box and since your sub doesn't sound good you're going to buy another sub instead of fix the box.

massives cant play rock or metal type of music but are crazy awesome for dance pop and electronic music.

its a 2006 chrysler 300c and i have dynomated the doors i used a mdf plate to fill the 6x9 hole then offset the 6.5" to fit the tweeter above now this system sounds amazing playing crazy loud dubstep but i sure miss my rock, metal, grudge and such just sounds like crap i had a set of ks65.2 before and it was reverse of these massives and just wasn't loud enough

So it's the 6.5 that's lacking? Are you happy with the tweet?

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Also, have you tried eq'ing?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.