Going Ported. Upgrade Or Downgrade???

Small Review:

After having the 1 ported 10 I can say that I like it alot better than 2 sealed. The lows hit a lot more and they shake the car more. There are actually less rattles though since the bass is nice low and strong. Lil jon and similar music of course hits very hard.

The only bad thing is that since it is only a 10 I dont think I am goin too deep into the lows as I should. Sometimes I still get that bass that hurts your ears. I know this can depend on the music but sometimes it seems like it is the sub itself.

Also in my car there isnt alot of deading so the bass is not as loud as it should sound when the car is in motion. There is a lot of road noise any time I go above 50 mph. Then the bass seems to fade away. But at a red light that bass is hittin hard and everyone turns around.

Another thing is that the voltage of my car isnt strong. One of the reasons is because my battery was change recently to a basic battery from a yellow top and it doesnt have as much power. Also my 70 amp alternator is that best...

For the other sub, Im going to keep it and build the exact same box when I get a new car. Then I will put that 1 10 in my new car with a new amp. After I have that ten for a while I will upgrade to a 15 RLP most likely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.