Going old school....

Participant count
  • Participant list

whitemax
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
San Diego
I put these in my car last week. The head unit is an Alpine CDA-7949, and the processor an ERA-G320. Finally put the processor's face in the dash. In-dash kits are not available any longer, so I had to get a little creative to get it in there. It's still a nice combo. I plan on picking up a real Nissan bezel so the edges line up better.

I like the CD8455 over my CD7000.

For the CDA-7949 I also have a PXA-H600. I will be making use of the digital optical output on the head unit to the processor. That way the processor's 20 Bit Burr Brown DAC's can take care of the conversion. I still think that this combo was the best sounding that I've ever had in my car.

I recently sold a 7949. i love the CDA-7930. i ran it with an ERA-G320 and a PXA-H701. The CDA-7939 is another fav. optical outputs are certainly quieter - too bad the G320 doesn't accept them.

I enjoyed my G320 for close to 6 years over two separate systems, first was back in '99 and then again in '05 - was replaced in '08 with the H701. i always ran in 14-band mode.

my only beef with the G320 was noise above vol 24. was always there regardless of HU used. too bad Ai-Net is analog.

alpineebay0109002.jpg

alpinecda-7939002.jpg

AlpineHeadUnits035.jpg

keep_hope_alive...those are some nice units that you've had. I too like the CDA-7930, very easy to use. I've always wanted to try out the CDA-7939, maybe one of these days.

I agree with the noise above a certain volume level. With quieter recordings it is more noticeable. That was the reason why I originally went with the PXA-H600 many years ago. I used the optical outputs on both the head unit and changer when I used it before. I've had these units a couple of times. I just love how easy they are to use.

With the ERA-G320, Im using in the regular mode. 7 band EQ, surround, and BBE. I've always like the way BBE makes music sound. I still have an old school BBE SM-4012 processor. I also like how you can use actual time alignment measurements via the head unit. Were you able to get into this time alignment menu with your CDA-7930?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.