Going from 2 Ohm to 1 Ohm Speaker Wiring...

Participant count
  • Participant list

c_hayhurst
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 2004 Nissan Sentra with a stock alternator that puts out about 110 Amps. I also have a Stinger SPV20 trunk battery (rated for 300A in 5-second bursts).

The power and ground cable is 1/0.

I have a Hifonics Brutus BXi2008D rated at 2000Wx1 RMS. I'm guessing it'll put out closer to 1600W RMS (80% of rated).

My 2 subs are currently wired for a 2 Ohm, and Hifonics says the amp is 1-Ohm Stable. I'd like to wire the speakers down to 1-Ohm.

Based on my current electrical setup, would the amp even come close to producing its maximum possible RMS output?

Would it be safe to wire down to a 1-Ohm load based on my current setup?

You have 2 speakers currently at 2 ohm? I don't think you're going to be able to get them to 1 ohm.

What ohm rating do the speakers have? I.e dual 4 ohm ? dual 2ohm? svc?

They can't be dual 4ohm since u have it at 2 ohm for both now....

If they're dual 2 ohm, then you can't get them down to 1 ohm - but .5 ohm....

Need more info

You need to provide more information on the speakers are they single voice or dual voice 2 ohm and if you are running 2, how do you have the speakers in series or parallel with each other?

Aw crap, you're right.

In that case...would it be safe to run my subs on a .5-Ohm load with my current electrical setup? I'm looking to push 900W RMS to each sub plus the 4x50W speaker amp for a total wattage of 2250W

Ive heard of those amps being able to run at .5 but you don't have the electrical for it so I wouldn't be surprised if you sent it up in smoke. Your best bet would be to find a amp that would do the power you need at 2ohm's so you don't have to worry with having to fry anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.