Going active ideas

Participant count
  • Participant list

09civic
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
So currently I have a bone stock 2009 Honda civic VP. The stock speakers blow, so I'm wanting to replace the front's with mid bass, crossovers, and tweets. Probably not going to add a sub stage in this vehicle. In my last car, I replaced all speakers with coaxials but never amped them and just had a sub stage. So let's say I bought the wires, mids, tweets, amp, and crossovers and I told my shop to put this into my car. What else would try need to install it?

Note, I'm keeping the stock hu.

you dont need crossovers to go active. you will either need a deck or amp that is active capable or a dsp.

I just want my front stage to be amped and sound clear and loud(not loud as in bass) while using my stock headunit.

I just want my front stage to be amped and sound clear and loud(not loud as in bass) while using my stock headunit.
well then get a nice set a components, dont do rears take that money and spend it on your front stage. i unhooked my rear speakers and didnt even know they were gone.

well then get a nice set a components, dont do rears take that money and spend it on your front stage. i unhooked my rear speakers and didnt even know they were gone.

For comps, I need crossovers correct?

you would need rca's, wire, a component set, and a amp. i would get a 4 channel amp over a 2 channel.

Why a 4 channel? And remember, I'm using the factory hu, not an aftermarket one. So what would I need for that.

a 4 channel will just give you the option to go active with the comp set in the future if you wanted. im not sure as to what you would need for useing your stock HU, iv never done it like that before.

That car is retarded easy to change speakers in it. Shiz I have my Fit apart outside right now. Literally two screws and some body clips, no need to be scuured. I dont suggest ever replacing only the door speakers like that because you have tweeters up top, talk about a dirty sounding stage. Also the tweeters and door speakers run off the same channel and most likely your shop will screw up there. Pop goes the tweeter, well help you if you wanna do it yourself. I would also strongly recommend an aftermarket deck too. In order to amp them youre going to need some sort of crappy line output converter or a nice processor. Get a 4 channel and bridge it because if you want to change things around later and run active or something you can and it wont cost extra. Naked Boobs. Also disconnect your rear speaker. Running new wires in the doors isnt too hard either btw.

It was just a thought. I didn't wanna do too much to it anyways. But me messing with the car won't turn out good. If I had the time to sit down and do it, then maybe I could. But with working 7 days a week and school, I just can't.

i ran a sub stage with a stock hu when i first started getting into audio, and the stock hu compared to almost any aftermarket hu *****. You will never be able to get it to sound right or optimal tuning without it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.