goes in protectoin mode at hight vol

amp goes into protection modeMy west coast customs 1600 4 channel amplifier goes into protection mode at high volume but play's ok at low volume can someone please help
1) stop making a bunch of threads. One is enough.

2) What kind of impedance is the amp seeing?

3) How do you have your gains set?

4) What's your voltage?

5) what are you running off of this amp?

Let's start there and gather up as much info as we can.

you expect too much from a cheap amp.

That aside, set your gains and head units properly. Dont have eq boosted at all, keep loudness option off on the head unit. 0 asl. Gains should not be anywhere past 65%

Do you have a head unit? It seems like u may have sloppy rca signas or ur voltage is low but its not like u have a amp that draws lots of current. When it comes to amps cuttin off during high volume 99% of the times its either the gains are to high, ur voltage is low, or ur amp is getting a dirty rca signal, another thing is if u have tons of speakers hooked up or something that will do it also. ( west coast custom amps) arnt the best tho. The thing is this is over the internet so its a tad more harder to solve. I know alot of problem solving stuff with amps because i delt with chesp amps back in the day. First thing id do is turn the gain down, if it still does it, then this is what ull do .. GO IN A GARAGE OR A DARK PLACE AND PLAY THE SYSTEM AT FULL VOLUME., WHEN ITS AT FULL VOLUME CHECK TO SEE IF THE LIGHTS ON THE AMP GET DIM, IF UR PLAYING THE MUSIC AND U SEE THE AMP LIGHTS GET DIM AND THEN IT GOES INTO PROTECT ITS A VOLTAGE ISSUE MORE THAN NOT, if u play the music full blast and the amp becomes hot quickly then u have a impedance or gain issue, if u dont have a haed unit, or if ur head unit settings are cranked and stuff, it will make the amp go into protect at high volumes because the cheaper amps dont like HIGH RCA VOLTS via factory radios. Does ur head unit have 2.5 volt rcas or 4 volt rcas.

Head unit 2 volts also I have the head unit on loud with bass @ 7 and one more thing when I pulled the rca plugs off one plug makes the subwoofer make a distorted sound ..be patient with me this is my first time ON here

4 ohms gains are all at 50% voltages @ 2 only got one 12 running from the amp
is the amp old??? 4 ohms? good......gains ok..... voltage is at 12,good? do you have a head unit? i would try and check ur head unit settings and turn off/down the loudness , the bass boost , and check ur equilizers and stuff. turn all ur setting down and off and tune it right, like dont have ur 200htz cranked along with the 10.000 hertz so when u crank the volume you dont sound like a black guy in the slums with screaming vocals and sounds distorted because its not tuned right, make sure its all correct and tuned. if none of this works try switching out the speaker and just hook up a bookshelf speaker or something, if alllllllll else fails, then i would try a equilizer or a cheaper route is a (((( HIGH input TO LOW output converter,))) what u do is u plug in ur rcas into it and it cleans up the signal from ur headunit, all u have to do is add power to it, i had a crunch 1500 and the thing would do the SAME thing and i could not figure it out when i was younger.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Head unit 2 volts also I have the head unit on loud with bass @ 7 and one more thing when I pulled the rca plugs off one plug makes the subwoofer make a distorted sound ..be patient with me this is my first time ON here
ok turn down ur loudness and ur bass and it will help. ur bass is whats doing it i know exactly what the problems is,

Yes it is I problem just started after my factory head unit went out and I installed aftermarket unit ..At first it had an rca connector wire up for the factory system had no problems but with this aftermarket unit amp been giving me a headache

Ok thanks I have an converter all ready wire up because I had a factory until in at first and didn't have a issue actually blew my voicec oil on subwoofer then I installed the aftermarket unit now amp is cutting off at high volume

id try turning it all down honestly i think that may be it, but it makes a distorded sound? if all else fails try using a RCA splitter, u just plug a rca into on side and the other side 2 rcas come out , or u could just cut the RCA and split it like that, what worries me is the distortion in the one channel tho. id turn ur loudness to ( low ) turn ur bass to (1) (2,tops ). if all else,else,else, fails lol... take the head unit out and wrap some wire around the outter rcas and see if that clears up the one RCA whine

4 ohms gains are all at 50% voltages @ 2 only got one 12 running from the amp
The amp is a 4ch. Eo he probably has a dvc2ohm dub bridged per channel. Prolly seeing 1ohm each ch. Amp isnt made for a sub

dont use a converter with a aftermarket radio because a after market head unit already does it by itself, try unhooking it, setting ur loudness to low and turn ur bass to 1 or 2 and see how it treat u, and also try switchng ur rcas to see if the noise switches to another channel. I KNOW A FEW HEAD UNIT TRICKS WHEN IT COMES TO THINGS, I DONT USE THE 12VLT( RED ) OR THE REMOTE( BLUE /YELLOW) WITH THE WIRING HARNESS SUPPLYED, I JUST GROUND THE WIRE TO SOMETHING METAL BEHIND THE STEREO , THEN TAKE THE REMOTE AND POWER WIRE AND TWIST THEM TOGETHER AND CONNECT THE ONE WIRE DIRECTLY TO THE POSITIVE OF MY BATTERY AND ATTACH A 10 AMPS FUsE TO IT AND THAT HOW IVE DONE EVERY ONE OF MY HEAD UNITS , THE HEAD UNIT WIRING HARNESS IS THE LAST THING TO GET POWER , SO IF U EVER HAVE PROBLEMS WITH UR HEADUNIT TURNNG OFF AND ON OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT I WILL BET U IT WILL FIX IT , i really think its ur converter or ur settings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jimjam72

Jimjam72
chicago,il
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jimjam72