god **** weather!!!!

It's been 100+ degrees here for a while (not the past few days because he had some rain), but I never have problems with mine. I have my cover off so that my be helping a lot. If you're any good at cutting metal, and you're not too worried about hurting your amp, take the cover off, and cut a 3x3 hole, actually you'll want to cut 2 of them, and buy a new fan. Mount the fans to it. Making sure one blows cooler air in, and one ***** hotter air out. Upgrade the grounding wires, or just add a few more grounding points to disperse the heat a little bit better.

Well, I was just thinking, and I clicked the **** post button before I thought about it, but you could drill holes in the cover instead of the whole cutting thing. That way, if you decide to sell, but keep the fans, it won't look like crap, with huge holes in it.

Do not drill holes in your amp whatsoever. The heat sink is there for a reason.

Here are some small tips that might help.

If your amps are mounted on an amp rack, put some sturdy rubber washers or some kind of spacers between the amp mounting surface and the amps, so there is space between. Directly behind the amp on the amp rack itself drill or cut out holes to help with circulating the air around the amp(s).

Do not drill holes in your amp whatsoever. The heat sink is there for a reason.Here are some small tips that might help.

If your amps are mounted on an amp rack, put some sturdy rubber washers or some kind of spacers between the amp mounting surface and the amps, so there is space between. Directly behind the amp on the amp rack itself drill or cut out holes to help with circulating the air around the amp(s).
^^this helps alot^^ when i had my viper d1200.1 it overheated fast until i spaced it a little. same deal with my xtant.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.