installing an orion 2500d

Participant count
  • Participant list

04silverz
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
San Antonio
so from what ive read i need to use both power and ground connections on this amp. do i just run another power line from my distro block to the amp? what is the purpose of this? also can i use the same ground hookup as my other one or do i need a separate one?

also ive never bothered to use the separate connections before on an amp. i always just ues the one set for the speakeer outputs. does using both offer any advantages and is it possible to use both with 2 2ohm dvc subs? or will i not get my final load of 2 ohms?

thanks guys.

The 2500 has both sets of power and grounds for a reason. You need to hook both of them up to your distro block and run both grounds to the same point. Its like having (2) 1200d in the same chassis, just making a lil more power.

The duel connections at the amp (2 + and 2 -) are there so that you dont have to cram alot of big wire from your subs into just two connections. They are paralled inside the amp, so really its just there for convinence. You still only have one + and one - , its just they are wired together as they enter the amp.

No advantages to either, just what the amp uses to work proper.

The 2500 has both sets of power and grounds for a reason. You need to hook both of them up to your distro block and run both grounds to the same point. Its like having (2) 1200d in the same chassis, just making a lil more power.
The duel connections at the amp (2 + and 2 -) are there so that you dont have to cram alot of big wire from your subs into just two connections. They are paralled inside the amp, so really its just there for convinence. You still only have one + and one - , its just they are wired together as they enter the amp.

No advantages to either, just what the amp uses to work proper.
yea he pretty much summed it up there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.