GM HO Alternator

Participant count
  • Participant list

audiobaun
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
USA
Think mines not cutting the mustard/200amp..looking for a 220-250 amp alt for 1998 chevy pu...perfer new with a warranty,but a good used will be acceptable..local is $350 here brand new w 1yr warranty..if you can beat that new shipped,ill more than likely take it..birth sheet would be nice as well

ive got a 175 and a 200 amp. the 200 amp has the adjustable voltage and is set at 15 volts
I have a 200 now, and doesnt seem to be enough..the last one i had was a 255,and that is what i may end up with local here/w birth sheet.the 200 just isnt quite enough.. im trying to maintain at least 14.2, and im not getting it done with the 200..im getting 13.6-13.9..second alt..thought may be an issue with internal regulator

i was doing it at idle in my s10 with both alts just fine the 200 is 110 at idle and the 175 is 90 at idle ,unless i really slammed it really loud my voltage would stay at 15.never got the pm.anyway if i was doing a demo it would very rarely drop below 14.7

how old is it, and you have already told me the resting @idle..not sure yours will work for me..hate t get it, then turn around find its not going to maintain the voltage i need either,and have buy another..lol..trades..lol?? yet,im almost certain it will fit just by looking at it

it was completely checked out 2 days before wrecking the s10 ,and everything was perfect ,voltage was reset then and idle amps were checked and verified.by our local alt guy ,and the voltage dial does work.and this alt does not need to be plugged into the harness to work ,all that works thru the main power cable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.