Glass in my amp, what should I do?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Back wind shield broke and glass went all over the back seat. My amp was back there and so were my subwoofers, I already cleaned out the subwoofers but the amp is the problem. Basically when I pick up the amp and slightly tilt it either straight, back, left, or right, I can hear glass moving around. I decided to take a flash light and tilt the amp to one corner so I could peak through the small little ventilation area, and I could see pieces of glass so there definitely is glass in there. What should I do? Try to take it apart, or should I leave the glass in there? I literally have no idea how to take it apart and I would probably mess it up if I did, just for some more information I have a RXA-F2.

not the top. the sides will likely come off then the bottom cover can come off. it's like a puzzle. some bottom plates come off without the sides but these kind of amps usually interlock the bottom and sides.

just be careful when removing screws, don't lose them, and don't cross-thread them when reassembling.

Your not the only one with glass inside your amp. It all started when with my frontstage amp that sits behind the driver seat..i spilled soda on the seat leaking into the amp. A lot.

I successfully cleaned out the liquid but never successfully put the amps cover back on probably because no one cares about it i dont i only care about my sub amp. Also tiny screws nickels and quarters have been in there and that caused only a crackle in the signal.

Not too long ago my van gets broken into only a hour being abandoned on the freeway at night from a flat tire. Side window smashed took everything but the system. They gave up after trying to cut through the first 3/0 weld wire lol.

So far the only glass i swept out was with my hand before someone sat down in the passenger seat and theirs been glass in that amp ever since it looks like popcorn popping when i turn it up. But now i think i blew out the rear pair rca output channels on this amp cuz the the other end grounded on metal at the radio.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.