getting this setup finished

Participant count
  • Participant list
One common chamber is fine, but I would go two subs with a larger ported box built correctly firing forward( presuming the seats fold down)with the back of the box as far back as possible to the back of the car, with power to spare it will sound great having so much ceiling as far as power and the amp will run cooler.
hmmm... where would you recommend the port be, which way should it be pointed, and what it should be tuned to?

The 2 ported is a great idea.. And for sound quality or SQL should I say ( since that is what JBL acoustics is known for )

... Don't tune over 35hz and no lower than 32hz.

BUT, there is a problem with going just 2 of these subs and that amp...

... U can only wire (2) 6ohm dvc subs to 1.5 ohm or 6ohm.

That amp is 2ohm minimal ( technically with amp rise, box rise, and the warming up of the voice coils - it MAY eventually give u a 2ohm rating or very close ( something crazy like 1.8ohm ) but I would wanna risk the amp having to be stressed playing before those instances happen..

.... Running at 4ohm, u'll be good & the amp with be running efficiently which = less stress and normal operation warmth.

Now u will be about: 360 watts under power... BUT, adding a 7volt eq and/or crossover with take that slack up & provide extra to play with.

The 2 ported is a great idea.. And for sound quality or SQL should I say ( since that is what JBL acoustics is known for )... Don't tune over 35hz and no lower than 32hz.

BUT, there is a problem with going just 2 of these subs and that amp...

... U can only wire (2) 6ohm dvc subs to 1.5 ohm or 6ohm.

That amp is 2ohm minimal ( technically with amp rise, box rise, and the warming up of the voice coils - it MAY eventually give u a 2ohm rating or very close ( something crazy like 1.8ohm ) but I would wanna risk the amp having to be stressed playing before those instances happen..

.... Running at 4ohm, u'll be good & the amp with be running efficiently which = less stress and normal operation warmth.

Now u will be about: 360 watts under power... BUT, adding a 7volt eq and/or crossover with take that slack up & provide extra to play with.
If I do go with 2, I could also wire to 6ohm if the 1.5 ohm is stressing the amp too much. what do you think it would put out at 6 ohm?

Aint no telling what the rating is at 6ohm... Ima guess somewhere in the 800 - 1200 range
Welp, I can always add another sub if need be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.