Getting the most out of my amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

RyanXLT97

I have an 800 watt amp that is complete junk. But is there anything i can do to make it better? Like when i play at higher volumes the bass comes on and the amp turns off. I have to turn my HU on standy then back to my ipod to get it to come back on. Im not sure if it goes into protection mode. But its 800 watt 4 channel amp bridged to 2 channels running 2 12" kicker comps. Each are 4 ohms. I have 8g power wire. and it is grounded to a factory bolt into the metal of the chassis. I could tell you the brand of amp but you cant find anything about it online.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Go 150 Watts speakers or equal to your amps. 150 watts and up is your amps. That's the good rule of thumb.
Appreciate the input! I'll check out the calc site and see how it compares. I'm in the beginning stages of building the box. Unfortunately with...
Anything worth getting is always worth it more at a steep discount. Not familiar with that unit, but the brand is great.
I'm putting 2 under my rear seats with 2 passive radiators. Only a 3kw amp. Only reason I'm selling my adire subs before even trying them. Granted...
I'm stupid. Please repeat what stupid me said that was wrong.

About this thread

RyanXLT97

RyanXLT97
Las Vegas, NV
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
RyanXLT97