Getting rid of White NOISE

Participant count
  • Participant list

kramer_212
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Minnesota
so, i have an alpine dva-d106 with the ktx sound processor, and ive been getting alot of white noise(not engine noise) i thought maybe it was the ground that i made but when i ran a new wire all the way to the factory ground under the hood still had the same problem.

heres the kicker, when i disconnected the grounds the stereo, and processor stayed on???

is this because it is grounding through the rcas?

anyways whats the best way to fix it?

it has to be something with the stereo, ive made sure there is no other noise getting into my system from any other source.

but on the other hand 3 of my friends that have alpines have the same problem, is it just an alpine thing?

You don't have a cheap D-Class amp do you? Those radiate a lot of noise and can affect cell phones and radio reception. Your Alpine gear may be amplifying the noise given off by your amplifier.

You may want to try a GOOD 1 farad capacitor to act as a noise filter. Pick up a used one and see if that does the trick. If you're using a decent Class A/B amp, you have other issues that may be related to having too much GAIN or the processor is located by something emitting a lot of noise.

As far as the processor staying on when you unplug the radio, it could just be the capacitors within the unit discharging themselves through the LEDs. Some amps can have their "Power On LED" stay lit for a couple minuted after they've been removed from the vehicle. You may be experiencing something similar. Also, the processor will pull a ground through the antenna going into your HU as that's another ground source.

The only other idea I have is something you already mentioned; Alpine DSPs are noisy. I've never come across an electronic DSP that didn't have some sort of issue with it whether it being lunching itself, mysteriously resetting, popping, or noise/static. Lets hope this isn't the case for your Alpine unit.

This thread is ******* racist
right! o_O

no my speaker amp is a fosgate p500-4(class a/b), gains at 3 out of 11- weather or not it matters i have 2 extra batteries in the trunk (agms)

the stereo stayed on, for like 5 minutes, as i was playing with it going through settings, and i even turned it up all the way , and she still stayed on.

if you think that a cap might help i can probably find one around to try out. but i wonder if its just the stereo.

the reason i say this is i even took the processor out, and just used some speaker wire, and used the stereo amplifier, and got the same problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.