Getting preassure to the cabin.

Participant count
  • Participants list

nezz

CarAudio.com Newbie
So i have a E30 sedan so im not getting any preassure from my sub to my cabin right now.
My plan is to build my a box for my back speakers so that i will get 2 holes in the rear deck from where i can get preassure in the cabin.
All im wondering is does it tamper with how my sub plays and how much if i would just draw 2 reflex tubes from the subs port to the speaker ports so the preassure would come straight into the cabin and not via the trunk into the cabin?
Would you reccomend doing it like this or does it play any role on how much preassure i can get into the cabin by doing this?

Cutting holes in the rear deck will help air flow to the trunk. You can cover any holes with fabric that lets air flow through it.

What subs do you have? One way to fire directly into the cabin is to do a bandpass and fire the port through the rear deck directly into the cabin.

Sometimes a box being too tall and wide can hinder airflow, where the sub and port are rear firing, the air can get stuck at the back of the trunk. Something to keep in mind.

Sometimes a box being too tall and wide can hinder airflow, where the sub and port are rear firing, the air can get stuck at the back of the trunk. Something to keep in mind.
Alright but will it change the sound quality if you would seal a reflex tube into the port of the sub box and draw it straight into the cabin. Wouldnt that make the entire trunk the box for the subwoofer if the air does not get out before it enters the cabin?

Alright but will it change the sound quality if you would seal a reflex tube into the port of the sub box and draw it straight into the cabin. Wouldnt that make the entire trunk the box for the subwoofer if the air does not get out before it enters the cabin?

I would never fire the port from a ported box into a different airspace than the sub is firing into.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...