Getting creative with a enclosure

juanmgarza26
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
How bout making a enclosure of 1/2 aluminum diamond plate? here in the welding shop a guy traded 3 4x8 sheets for a bbq pit... i made a enclosure for a skar vvx 12 but i left the enclosure bare... i'll prolly cut the diamond plate to where theres roughly 1/4 in around the edges to see how it looks... but this sh*t is strong, whats ya'lls opinion for this?

might as well get a stick and a tin can....
Wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one thinking this was retarded before I posted. OP was just on another thread making fun of someone for using particle board and then posts this. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one thinking this was retarded before I posted. OP was just on another thread making fun of someone for using particle board and then posts this. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
say what you will, just thought it would look sick with a shiny diamond plate on the box, but nothing beats trial and error, we'll see how this works out

try it I would just damp the inside with some deadner or something to absorb some of the sound vibrations from the woofer and see what happens. I could swear I have seen it done before but with coaxial marine speakers on swamp buggies

I do a smaller enclosure to try it out, put on off the w3's in there and slam it, between the front and the plate I will use a layer of deadener or two and see how it plays out, i'll have to do it this weekend I have no time to slack off this week I'll do a small build log when I do

I have a pallet of diamond plate at work and no don't make an enclosure out of it! But if you really want the look use a high grade adhesive and shear out the size and glue it to you enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.