Getting a new headunit , what to look for ?

My headunit is currently a kenwood kdc-mp528 . Its having a rca issue on one side so iam gonna get a new headunit . What do i need to look for that sets up fairly easy ?

I going to swap my dash out soon , so i can go double din also .

I have:

2 Image Dynamics Ctx65cs Component sets on a discus 480 amp ( using the passive xovers )

2 Digital Designs 12 in subs on a 1500d amp

I'd like to use my ipod but thats about it . I have no plans to run active on the component sets and thinking the prs80 is just more features then i need or would use for this setup .

250.00 is about the max i want to spend

Thank you , i'll check them out more and see how hard its gonna be to find/make a mounting kit for the Double din if i go that route .
buy it at sonicelectronix/crutchfield(whichever's cheaper) and it comes with the kit and wire harness if you specify your vehicle model.

Also disregard the one i posted, wrong model

this is the one,

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/DVD-Receivers/AVH-X2700BS

disregard manufacturer's jacked up pricing.

13 band EQ and 3 way active networks, auto EQ/time alignment(basically minimal tuning time for you), 24 bit DAC, basically almost similar to the 80 prs but with a screen.

can never get the pioneer models right lol, they all look the same.

not to jump the thread too much, sorry

does the AVH X2700BS truly have the audio sound quality of the 80 prs?

I have an Avic X 950 bh from a year and a half ago - is that similar in sound quality?

I would really like to get something comparable to a 99 prs with a double din and features

Last edited by a moderator:
not to jump the thread too much, sorry
does the AVH X2700BS truly have the audio sound quality of the 80 prs?

I have an Avic X 950 bh from a year and a half ago - is that similar in sound quality?

I would really like to get something comparable to a 99 prs with a double din and features
keep it and install a DSP like jbl ms-8 if you want better then a 99prs sound quality and tuning capabilities.

Iam still not sure which iam going to get but ruled out a double din. I got it down to a few iam looking at , Just need to decide if the extra stuff i wont use is worth the extra cost at this point .

DEH-X9600BHS

Alpine 149bt

Pioneer 80prs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.