Genesis Profile

Very nice amplifiers, well executed class g designs. You should find them colorless in sound, excellent footprint.

Perhaps Peter can chime in.

I've been waiting on the Profile 5 Ultra forever. Wonder whats the status on that amp, It would push my Dyns very well.

um what?

unless you have a few thousand dollars to throw down a toilet and are not competing in world finals, i would prolly recommend something else.

awesome amps. most definatly.

best value? thats a big no.

I picked up a Helix from Peter L a few years back and have been VERY happy with it. Much less $$$ than the one you're looking at. He might just have one left...

Huh? A few thousand dollars?

Our amplifiers start at a retail price of $459.00 and most of our amplifiers retail for well under a grand.

While we do have a couple of Limited Edition models in the Series 3 range that are quite pricey, our Profile 4 Ultra is priced competitively with other similarly rated, high quality, highend amplifiers from other more well known companies.

The Profile 4 Ultra retails for $899.00

um what?
unless you have a few thousand dollars to throw down a toilet and are not competing in world finals, i would prolly recommend something else.

awesome amps. most definatly.

best value? thats a big no.

you guys are not realizing the people on this board are buying stuff well well under the quality of audison\genesis\dls\steg ect.

they are buying amps that do 75x4@4 for $100. they are teenagers or guys in their low 20's who can barely afford their car payments.

this guy might be different, hell. im saving up money right now so i can decide what i want to get in the future. im 22, and its really not nessicary to order these amps because in all reality, there is a very very small difference in sound overall from other amps even of lesser quality\price. i have had better amps, and i have had worse amps (aka profile).

its very hard for 99% of the people out there to justify $900 for a 4 channel amp that does 100x4@4. granted, extremly high build quality to last a life time if taken care of, extremly low SN ratios, good asthetics, stable to low impedance in stereo and mono.

these things dont really matter as much as price to MOST people. and i stated a few thousand, because chances are most people will be using more than one amplifer in their stereo system. for example a 4 channel amp and a mono amp. im sure that would end up being nigh on $2000 shipped.

so again, if you are anal like me, you arent strapped for cash, then it is prolly worth it.

if you are broke, and dont really care what the name on the amp is - but it does the same power output, then look elsewhere.

so peter, im not dissing anything you sell. because frankly, i would **** myself to own some of that equipment. its just that most of us simply can not afford that stuff. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

There are different products for different market. Genesis's market is more the ECA crowd than the CA.com. My local dealer was installing 2 Genesis Profile 2 with a set of Hertz HLK and Hi-Energy sub in a Porche, it sounded awesome. They are beautiful as well. I was considering it, but decided to go with Alpine PDX for below detail value. It's just so hard for me to pay detail price for things nowaday when I know I can get something cheaper. I am definitely not their target market then.

Indeed... Genesis makes a very nice amp, I liked the video out there of their factory. One of the top amps on the market for build quality, IMHO.

One of the few other brands I'd love to own if I didn't have a company of my own //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Not for everyone, of course... due to the price, but it does cost more to build amps the way Genesis does and they are priced accordingly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Robbe

10+ year member
Robbe
Belgium
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from