General Wiring Question

TheDesertFox
10+ year member

PA
I just have a few quick wiring questions.

I have a 800 watt system, so here are my questions.

1) From the battery to the fuse block, what guage of wiring is the best? 4?

2) What size of fuse should i use in the fuse block? 50 amp?

3) What guage of power wire should I have runnning from the fuse block to the amp? Same size as before or smaller?

Thanks boys, this is my first system so I thanks ya's for all the help you can give me.

I just have a few quick wiring questions.
I have a 800 watt system, so here are my questions.

1) From the battery to the fuse block, what guage of wiring is the best? 4?

2) What size of fuse should i use in the fuse block? 50 amp?

3) What guage of power wire should I have runnning from the fuse block to the amp? Same size as before or smaller?

Thanks boys, this is my first system so I thanks ya's for all the help you can give me.
all-out 4gauge for 800wrms, and fuse must be 150A and ur good to go,

wut kind of system u got?

don't need 150 amp for 4 gauge wire. 80 amp agu would be fine
hehe, im biased with more than enough is better...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

hehe, im biased with more than enough is better...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

when fusing that is the completely wrong attitude to have. if there is a short or your wire gets too hot and melts, you'll have serious problems. bigger fuses don't mean you'll be louder.

when fusing that is the completely wrong attitude to have. if there is a short or your wire gets too hot and melts, you'll have serious problems. bigger fuses don't mean you'll be louder.

even with higher than needed?

lol i know it doesnt make anything louder, its just that i fell more secure when I have a Fuse that support more amp than needed, thats all...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Same relative question with different specs.

I'll have a Yellow Top in the trunk while running stock under hood for now. Running 1/0 AWG from front to back. I know 4 Gauge would work but went bigger for future possibilities. Now I need two in-lines on the main 1/0 AWG run.

What fuze size should they be? 100A 120A 150A 200A?

Running two JL Audio amps. 500.1 and 300.2. The 500 needs a 50A and the 300 needs a 40A inline fuse. These will be 4 Gauge off the rear battery.

Thanks for the help

On the 1/0 gage wire fuse it with 250amp or 300amp fuse.

Dang that seems like alot! I'm not doubting you but is there any recommendations on the lowest fuse rating to run on 1/0 AWG to a second battery? I was thinking 200A. Would that work or will that restrict the amount of power flow to the rear battery?

Thanks guys, so a 80 amp fuse should be good then. O and Iron, i love ur avatar. BB saved that day indeed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.