General classifieds discussion

i think rules should be put in place on being able to post in the classifieds section

for example, fullsizechevy.com does not let you start a thread in the classifieds unless you have 50+ posts

would be a bad idea for here, or possibly a required picture w/ username?

i dunno, just some ideas....

You are fckin insane if you think that is a good idea. I would rather bump 1 thread 5-6 times a day vs bumping 5 threads 5-6 times a day. It would only make it easier to find, not easier to manage, moderate or control. So its a bad fcking idea.
I think there should be a mixed section as well.

If your selling more than one item (like a whole system) put it in the other section or what not.

But for individual items, just have them in the proper section *shrug*

Doesnt matter if you complain or not...its what the admin wants.

Honestly. Did you have need for 40 fuse holders? Or did you get them in a deal in hopes to sell them on caraudio.com?
as stated in the thread a few of us me a a few friends DID have a use for them, we ended up using smaller kicker ones instead. I myself have 5 runs of 0 gauge in my ecplorer with a fuse on each side so that accounts for 10 right there. I mean its neither here nor there im not selling them here anymore so the points pretty moot, i just over the years have seen MANY threads just like that were even mods bought from the person doing it so i didnt think my 40 fuse holders were that big of deal. I'll just promply report all of them i see, worse that happens is i get banned for bugging. But as per your post mods dont get paid and theres to many members for you all to see everything so i dont see a problem reporting all the ******** post.

If this is an issue to you then maybe you sell too much stuff here. Which to me sounds like a dealer. You can just as easily be a used dealer as you can be a new dealer. I also think a limit on thread bumping per day should be instated.
Dude, regardless of how much i sell, i have excellent feedback, and i doubt you will get better deals on anything i have at the time. And guess what, if you do, ILL beat it. Im not a dealer, but i can say i come up with good deals and pass them along and maybe i end up with a few free pieces of equipment in the process. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif But im not the enemy. I put everything up here, and if nobody snags it, off to ebay it goes.

I dont see how honest classified traffic would be a bad thing? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Dude, regardless of how much i sell, i have excellent feedback, and i doubt you will get better deals on anything i have at the time. And guess what, if you do, ILL beat it. Im not a dealer, but i can say i come up with good deals and pass them along and maybe i end up with a few free pieces of equipment in the process. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif But im not the enemy. I put everything up here, and if nobody snags it, off to ebay it goes.
I dont see how honest classified traffic would be a bad thing? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
this guy does good business. i mean he cant be doing this for a living. he probably doesnt get much profit at all. he's a great seller and is a very good guy to deal with. i mean where else can you get a perfect working mp3 hu for $35 shipped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

this guy does good business. i mean he cant be doing this for a living. he probably doesnt get much profit at all. he's a great seller and is a very good guy to deal with. i mean where else can you get a perfect working mp3 hu for $35 shipped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Thank you sir!

And your right, i hardly make enough to make the effort worth it, but its almost like a hobby for me, i dont really have the no-how to do installs or the time and energy to actually go through with becoming a dealer (plus that market is saturated)

I have my own business (restaurant/deli) that is family owned that pays the bills, this is just a way for me to get new equipment/toys all the time and try them out. Plus how many dealers do you know that are open to just about any kind of trade offers? ha.

But i am getting off topic here. I guess my main point is that i dont see how any honest business brought to this site is a bad thing. Mass item sells or not, if the price is right i just dont think we should complain, but im far from the admin so my vote doesnt really mean jack sht anyway. lol.

i think the main point is goob doesnt want people profiting off his site unless he is gonna get a kickback

if i owned the site i would probably be the same way

i think rules should be put in place on being able to post in the classifieds section
for example, fullsizechevy.com does not let you start a thread in the classifieds unless you have 50+ posts

would be a bad idea for here, or possibly a required picture w/ username?

i dunno, just some ideas....
i suggested that a year ago and it was shot down:(

no only should new users not be able to post in the classifieds until they reach 50 or 100 QUALITY posts they shouldnt even be able to see it

there is no way that wouldnt help with scamming.

The only real issue I have with the classifieds is people posting WTB/WTT threads in the for sale section. We all know the for sale section is a higher traffic area, most of us follow the rules and post in the appropriate section. I know it's a little thing, but it irks me.

Mods should be banned for post dumping in classifieds. More on topic?
toally agree, ive seen numberous "you can get it cheaper from Fi" "you can do this" from all of them and then they lock the thread.. same **** post dumping that they say is bannable. even sadder is that the one who created the thread is the one whom post dumped saying you could get it cheaper form Fi.

I reported a post for a post dump from a mod when this post was made, it still hasnt been addressed.. yay

i reported 2 last night, one for post dumps and one because it is a "bulk" sale which, as i understand it, is not allowed here

also reported hurricane since he continues to sell feely while having unresolved issues with previous sales

none of them have been addressed yet or maybe they just werent important enough. it seems like the mods here take this **** seriously for a few days and then they just lose interest

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.