General classifieds discussion

You brought attention to yourself. There are hundreds of sale threads moved around each day...Its kinda hard to catch them all.
What you fail to realize is that we dont get paid to do this, and we have lives. So we rely on the other 30k+ members to report what they see wrong and we take care of it as fast as possible. 10 people cane be on all day, but there is always a member on to report something.

I havent seen the fuse or wire bit, but we have laxed off the rules in the classifieds and its getting way out of hand. Post dumping is the first step. Ive been trying to get the admin to add itrader or and ebay version for quite a while...
The post dumping rule is a good one to back although i generally dont have that problem since i sell sht dirt cheap. ha.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

But i really hope you guys dont start getting stricter about mass item sale threads, because A) There would a SHITTON more threads and B) It would be horrible for myself.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I would also like to see you guys get stricter on scammers, and bad people who have had bad business. That really hurts the classifieds...

The post dumping rule is a good one to back although i generally dont have that problem since i sell sht dirt cheap. ha.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
But i really hope you guys dont start getting stricter about mass item sale threads, because A) There would a SHITTON more threads and B) It would be horrible for myself.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I actually support the mass sale threads. It is better than some jackass bumping 19 forsale threads every 30 minutes.

Just an FYI...Multi item is not mass item //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You can sell your entire system in a thread, you cant sell 400 distroblocks where you bought them to make cash off of.

I would also like to see you guys get stricter on scammers, and bad people who have had bad business. That really hurts the classifieds...
This it my take on it in regards to the mass sale threads.

If someone is selling their complete system in one thread...that's fine by me. If you're selling a radio, amp, sub, speakers in one thread- no problem.

If you're selling 26 brand new 'X' subs/speakers/amps...that's not gonna fly.

As for the scammers, it's hard to keep up with it in all honesty. I try and scan through the Classifieds once a day. I've started a bunch of stickies in the past, and I encourage people to PM me if they have an issue/question with a particular member/transaction/sale thread.

We can ban scammers easily. But there's not much stopping them from starting a new name and doing the same thing again.

Just an FYI...Multi item is not mass item //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
You can sell your entire system in a thread, you cant sell 400 distroblocks where you bought them to make cash off of.
Well where is that line drawn? lol. Is there a certain number? I post quite a few things for sale in my threads....

Well where is that line drawn? lol. Is there a certain number? I post quite a few things for sale in my threads....
I would assume the mods would use constrained discretion to determine if the quantiy offered is a reasonable amount the average user may purchase.

Selling 100' of wire is normal....selling 100 JL w7s is different.

bah i only had 40 fuse holders

This it my take on it in regards to the mass sale threads.
If someone is selling their complete system in one thread...that's fine by me. If you're selling a radio, amp, sub, speakers in one thread- no problem.

If you're selling 26 brand new 'X' subs/speakers/amps...that's not gonna fly.

As for the scammers, it's hard to keep up with it in all honesty. I try and scan through the Classifieds once a day. I've started a bunch of stickies in the past, and I encourage people to PM me if they have an issue/question with a particular member/transaction/sale thread.

We can ban scammers easily. But there's not much stopping them from starting a new name and doing the same thing again.

I agree that some obvious dealers shouldnt be allowed, but then again if they are good business people and can cut us a good deal, why would we complain?

And i know scammers are a losing battle, but what about hurricane0388 and bad95gt whose threads are still going and there SNs arent even banned? They can still log in and scam noobs through PMs. Seems like some mods are more interested in personal conflicts then whats in the best interest of the site.

Its truely a shame that the admin isnt more active on this site, it could be so much better just beinng able to IP ban people...

I agree that some obvious dealers shouldnt be allowed, but then again if they are good business people and can cut us a good deal, why would we complain?
And i know scammers are a losing battle, but what about hurricane0388 and bad95gt whose threads are still going and there SNs arent even banned? They can still log in and scam noobs through PMs. Seems like some mods are more interested in personal conflicts then whats in the best interest of the site.

Its truely a shame that the admin isnt more active on this site, it could be so much better just beinng able to IP ban people...
Doesnt matter if you complain or not...its what the admin wants.

bah i only had 40 fuse holders
Honestly. Did you have need for 40 fuse holders? Or did you get them in a deal in hopes to sell them on caraudio.com?

Doesnt matter if you complain or not...its what the admin wants.

Honestly. Did you have need for 40 fuse holders? Or did you get them in a deal in hopes to sell them on caraudio.com?
So the number one car audio classified website, the one website that has a reputation for the fastest classified section and the main reason MANY people come to this site, doesnt want more business brought to this site? lol.

I mean, im not trying to get smart with you man, im just trying to understand the thought process on that one (not from you, but goober.)

So the number one car audio classified website, the one website that has a reputation for the fastest classified section and the main reason MANY people come to this site, doesnt want more business brought to this site? lol.
I mean, im not trying to get smart with you man, im just trying to understand the thought process on that one (not from you, but goober.)
This site was built for car audio not classifieds. The money maker to him isnt the classifeds, its the main page and the posts keeping it up in traffic. His carauido.com url will make him #1 no doubt without any help from the classifieds.

The classifeds were intended for people to sell their used gear, not for people to use the site to earn a living off of. I could keep going, but I think you will understand by what I have said so far.

I don't think you're grasping it.

If you are selling 50 different items thats cool, its just a huge for sale thread with tons of different things. Maybe a couple duplicates here and thre like subs or backup HU's or whatever, but selling 500 of one item is bulk selling, whre you clearly purchased an item to re-sell.

I don't think there should be any discussion in this thread, 1st post should be stickied, and thread closed. End of story.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.