Future shop & small claims court

knowledgestick
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys, i need some detailed information on what i have listed below, i have a bunch of other evidence to go directly towards their incompitence witch is what im going to try and sue them for aswell as the cost of all my gear that they could have potentially damaged. In a way i am glad that the general manager didnt give in right away, and has given me all this time to go over the car and find all thease other HUGE problems and mistakes made durring the install.

I really need some professional's help here, on exactly what kind of danger we were in from the grounds not being propper, and like i described below. Also how in anyway the RCA cables being close to all of the other wires could effect the system, or effect any of the gear negatively. Thanks guys ! i truely appreciate it, i have learned from this and started my own out of house-install's for friends, we are doing our first one in a month we have it scheduled its one of my GF's friends and we picked out all the gear for it, it should be a good little thumpin system.

But back to the point, i really need some help on what level of danger we where in exactly with the battery almost being completely ungrounded and only having like 18+ gage wire acting as grounds ( basicly nothing ) also the power wire from the alternator to the amp.

Theyre grounds where so shotty, that everybody was getting hit with lightning bolts when they got out of the car. They did not replace the chasis ground with 0 gauge, they left it as the tiny little wire it origonally was, they never grounded to the engine block with 0 gauge like they where suposed to, and they also never replaced the u gauge power wire comming from my alternator to my battery.

All thease factors where causing huge electrical drain on my system, and they are all taken care of now and functioning way better because of it. But i need to know the full consiquences of doing this, what kind of danger it put us in and also what type of problems would running all three wires right beside each other do ?

They also have my RCA cables grouped in and bundled up with my o gauge power wire and my remote wire from my head unit, from what i gather that is also a big no no, but like i said. I need professional opinions and fact.

This is all for legal reasons, we are going to small claims court with them and we would rather try to proove incompitence than sue them for the price of all our gear. Because if we get the win for incompetence im sure that they will be forced to re-emburse us the full price for the installation we paid for there. Also any compensation for putting us in danger by not grounding 2600 RMS propperly with some pretty big powercells involved.

remember i really need some detailed info guys for legal reasons, also about the ground issue and how big of a danger that was would really help. I need everything i can build agianst them to proove incompitence, And get a positive result from this case and make sure they never do this to anybody again.

I am going to add in a stipulation in my clause that if i win they will no longer to be able to practice car audio installments out of their buisness as they are not certified as they said witch i am trying to proove through the mass incompetence they displayed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8DBqdsYyBY

Hey guys, i need some detailed information on what i have listed below, i have a bunch of other evidence to go directly towards their incompitence witch is what im going to try and sue them for aswell as the cost of all my gear that they could have potentially damaged. In a way i am glad that the general manager didnt give in right away, and has given me all this time to go over the car and find all thease other HUGE problems and mistakes made durring the install.
I really need some professional's help here, on exactly what kind of danger we were in from the grounds not being propper, and like i described below. Also how in anyway the RCA cables being close to all of the other wires could effect the system, or effect any of the gear negatively. Thanks guys ! i truely appreciate it, i have learned from this and started my own out of house-install's for friends, we are doing our first one in a month we have it scheduled its one of my GF's friends and we picked out all the gear for it, it should be a good little thumpin system.

But back to the point, i really need some help on what level of danger we where in exactly with the battery almost being completely ungrounded and only having like 18+ gage wire acting as grounds ( basicly nothing ) also the power wire from the alternator to the amp.

Theyre grounds where so shotty, that everybody was getting hit with lightning bolts when they got out of the car. They did not replace the chasis ground with 0 gauge, they left it as the tiny little wire it origonally was, they never grounded to the engine block with 0 gauge like they where suposed to, and they also never replaced the u gauge power wire comming from my alternator to my battery.

All thease factors where causing huge electrical drain on my system, and they are all taken care of now and functioning way better because of it. But i need to know the full consiquences of doing this, what kind of danger it put us in and also what type of problems would running all three wires right beside each other do ?

They also have my RCA cables grouped in and bundled up with my o gauge power wire and my remote wire from my head unit, from what i gather that is also a big no no, but like i said. I need professional opinions and fact.

This is all for legal reasons, we are going to small claims court with them and we would rather try to proove incompitence than sue them for the price of all our gear. Because if we get the win for incompetence im sure that they will be forced to re-emburse us the full price for the installation we paid for there. Also any compensation for putting us in danger by not grounding 2600 RMS propperly with some pretty big powercells involved.

remember i really need some detailed info guys for legal reasons, also about the ground issue and how big of a danger that was would really help. I need everything i can build agianst them to proove incompitence, And get a positive result from this case and make sure they never do this to anybody again.

I am going to add in a stipulation in my clause that if i win they will no longer to be able to practice car audio installments out of their buisness as they are not certified as they said witch i am trying to proove through the mass incompetence they displayed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8DBqdsYyBY
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

0 gauge to your battery, Alternator to your battery? wtf are you talking about? why would they need to do that? Why would you have Future Shop do a big 3 upgrade? wtf? It's not Future Shop's fault you're a newb. The power drain would happen no matter WHO installed the system.. You need a big 3 upgrade and a new alternator with a larger output..

2600RMS what amp? I bet this will be funny.

You're an idiot. Don't waste your time on this.

Bad ground and running the rca's along with the power wire is not grounds for a law suit in small claims court.

I HIGHLY DOUBT any of your equipment was damaged and a lot of people get electric shocks after installing a system. Their is NO DANGER.

Trying to put Future Shop install shop out of business over this.. LAWLZ... Considering the other installs i've seen Future Shop do.. You should consider yourself lucky.. You can't just add any stipulation you want in your lawsuit the judge decides not you.. lawlz.. hahahahahaha... "Oh yah and I want 1 trillion dollars and a pink poodle" hahhaha..

BTW, When you agreed to have them do the install you signed a contract.. I hope you read that before you signed it.. Because the court will.. Hahahaha..

This is the funniest **** all month.. thanks for this... We really needed this on April 1st tho.

so... in a lawsuit they are going to be counter suing you for that there youtube video... if you really plan on suing anyplace the first point is to keep your mouth shut about it and not to slander... on the internets... or anywheres... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

OP you're a fool !!!

You have no basis for ANYTHING !

Your life was in no danger!!

No only danger you are in is dieing from your pathetic self and attempt

to extract money from Future Shop.

One thing that is FTL is the fact that you went to Future Shop to get the install done.

You sound like some little kid in the video..lol

Whats also PATHETIC is that you come on a Car Audio forum for some advice on some petty lawsuit. If you really think you have any merit at all go to a Car Audio shop and ask them the same questions and get their advice...

This thread is full of FIAL !!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.