Fusion NV2500 repair

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zeptoplix
10+ year member

So I ordered some parts from Newark to repair my fusion amp.

While uninstalling the amp, I was attempting to cut the negative cable, and the positive one came loose and struck the case, causing damage. I took it apart, and found a soot mark on the board and a burned up resistor. I understand visual diagnosis is not all it takes, but for $22 I can attempt to repair and if it does notwork, I'm not really out anything, I can't sell or use the amp now anyways.

My question is as follows.

I bought the fets, and the resistors. I bought two different ones, as I wasn't sure which ones I needed. So, now I have some 1/4 5% 100ohm resistors (as indicated by color rings) I wasn't sure the wattage so I got the same in a 1W version, 1% tolerance. They are larger, but would fit. albeit differently. Which would should I use? The one thats identical to the original, or the larger lower tolerance unit?

Use the originals if possible. a 1w resistor will be able to dissipate more heat but that should be overkill for your application. Most are 1/4 or 1/8 watts resistors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.